Direct Care Associate
Colonial Courtyard at Clearfield
- Occasional Part-Time - 7a to 3pm
- Occasional Part-Time - 3p-11pm
- Occasional Part-Time - 11p-7am
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Departmental Accountabilities:||Resident Care|
|Reports To:||Resident Wellness Director|
|Desired Education Level:||High School Diploma/GED|
Assist Residents with daily life functions such as bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, etc. Assist in ambulation of Residents to and from activities, dining room and other locations as needed.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude.
Ambulates or assists in ambulation of the Residents to and from activities, dining room or other locations as needed.
3. Transfers or assists Residents from bed to chair, chair to commode, etc.
4. Lifts residents and supplies as needed.
5. Bathes, dresses, toilets Residents requiring assistance.
6. Assists with or performs personal hygiene tasks - brush teeth, comb hair, shave, etc.
7. Changes bed linens and towels per residence schedules and as needed.
8. Launders Residents' personal laundry per schedule.
9. Loads and pushes clean and soiled laundry carts.
10. Performs daily housekeeping in Residents' rooms - straighten room, organize bedside tables and dressers, wipe spills, etc.
11. Answers call lights promptly.
12. Serves Resident meals as needed.
13. Reports any identified verbal or written changes in medical condition to supervisor.
14. Measures and records temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, weight and height as instructed.
15. Attends all required in-service training sessions and orientations.
16. Respects Residents’ rights, dignity and privacy.
17. Responds to Residents' requests.
- Blood pressure cuff and sphygmomanometer
- Wheel chair
- Side rails/bed
- Ice cap
- Hot water bottle
- Oxygen tank
A. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to provide quality assistance to Residents in a professional and caring manner is required. The ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing is required. Requires frequent lifting of Residents, bending, stretching, standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
High school graduate, GED or active registry status on the Pennsylvania nurse aide registry is required.
Prior experience in the care of elderly is preferred.
Home Health Care or Certified Nurses Aide certificate is preferred. CPR or first aid certificates preferred.
Note: Pennsylvania Personal Care Home regulations require a minimum age of 18 for this position, no exceptions granted.