Administrative Services Director
Magnolias of Lancaster
- Full Time
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Departmental Accountabilities:||Administrative Services|
|Reports To:||Executive Operations Officer|
|Desired Education Level:||A bachelor's degree in business from an accredited university is required or three or more years of relevant experience in office management.|
Responsible for organizing and directing all functions of the business office. Manages accounts payables and receivables for Resident accounts and vendors, coordinating pay arrangements. Manages payroll, maintains personnel files and keeps records of vacation, sick and holiday time. Manages the residence receptionist and provides back up support for the front desk area.
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude, and demonstrates impeccable ethics and integrity.
2. Ensures the business office and reception areas operate in accordance with ICC policies and procedures and state and local regulations.
3. Interprets company policies and procedures to team members, Residents, family members, visitors, etc.
4. Organizes, directs, and supervises all business office functions in conjunction with department managers.
5. Requisitions adequate supplies and equipment for the facility, while ensuring that all selected vendors are price competitive.
6. Provides information, collects data, and completes reports for ICC to facilitate billing and compilation of financial reports.
7. Manages the residence insurance programs including workers’ compensation, health insurance, life insurance, 401(k), etc.
8. Manages leaves of absence.
9. Verifies each department is maintaining logs of Residents' charges.
10. Copies and files checks received from Residents and makes a deposit daily.
11. Organizes a system for collection of accounts on a regular basis and when delinquent.
12. Coordinates pay arrangement methods with the Residents or their designees.
13. Checks all invoices and vouchers and codes bills for payment.
14. Maintains vendor files.
15. Manages all aspects of the payroll system to include time cards, earnings, calculations, audit, and distribution.
16. Keeps accurate records for vacation, holidays, sick leave, overtime and leave of absence.
17. Maintains all team member personnel records and updates as necessary, sending pertinent data to the home office.
18. Supervises the receptionist and provides back-up support for the reception desk.
19. Orders team member uniforms and maintains stock.
20. Drives the recruitment process for the entire community.
21. Maintains job folders.
22. Participates in the interview process.
23. Maintains an active role in recruiting and retaining team members.
24. Completes data entry for payroll and resident billing.
25. Maintains driving logs, minor logs and bulletin boards.
26. Maintains current vendor contracts.
27. Manages petty cash.
28. Must be adaptable, teachable and flexible in tasks and have exceptional time management and organizational skills.
29. Must be a team player and have the ability to mentor and coach other residence team members.
30. Self-motivated, proactive and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
31. Conducts and/or attends required in-service training and orientation.
32. Participates in the manager-on-duty program.
33. Responds to Residents' request.
34. Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
A. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must have knowledge of receivables and collections, general bookkeeping, wage and overtime laws and payroll functions. Requires the ability to work with department managers to ensure appropriate paperwork is completed and procedures are followed. The ability to exercise good judgment and make confident ethical decisions is essential. Must be able to effectively manage time in order to complete multiple tasks. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is essential. May require some lifting, bending, stretching and stooping.
A bachelor's degree in business from an accredited university is required or three or more years of relevant experience in office management.
Three or more years experience in business office management, which includes bookkeeping and/or human resources responsibilities preferred. Experience in the health care industry is preferred.
A valid driver's license in the state employed is preferred.
E. Job Characteristics
The focus of this specialized, technically oriented position is on meeting and exceeding high standards of accuracy and quality based on established systems, technologies and guidelines. Strength in technical problem solving based on expertise and experience, and a strong commitment to efficiently achieve high quality results is required. A thoughtful, persevering, self-disciplined approach to achieving accurate, detailed work is essential. Job responsibilities and expectations are clearly defined, as is the scope of job authority. Expertise and competency is developed through a systematic technical training program, as well as an ongoing exposure to and training in new technical systems once they have been adopted and well tested. A key aspect of the job includes the ongoing identification of technical problems and the development of sound, carefully thought-out solutions. Problem solving is focused on proven systems and technologies and established organizational relationships. Solutions should minimize risk to the organization and utilize existing resources. Because of the expertise developed in this position, it is necessary to regularly initiate and communicate viewpoints on problems and opportunities in a factual, straightforward manner. This job allows for autonomy and independence, and is primarily self-reliant. If the job involves managing others, there is a need for someone who will exercise the necessary authority in assuring that subordinates meet or exceed the same technical standards of quality and accuracy. Delegation must be firm, clear and focused on the specific tasks and technical activities of the job. Because of the fast paced job environment, decisions must be made quickly and firmly, within the defined scope of job authority and based on job expertise. In general, this is a valued expert expected to deliver high quality, accurate results, while efficiently maintaining and enhancing existing organizational systems and standards.
Help us learn more about your personal and motivating factors by following the link below to take the Predictive Index Assessment. The assessment will take roughly 15-20 minutes:
IntegraCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer