Floor Care Specialist
- Occasional Part Time and Part-Time to include every other weekend
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Reports To:||Housekeeper Supervisor|
|Desired Education Level:||High school graduate or GED is required|
Responsible for cleaning and maintenance of all residence floor surfaces in common areas and Resident apartment units, as needed. This includes vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, polishing, extracting of carpets and furniture, stripping and applying wax, disinfecting, etc.
The employee must be able to perform these essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation by IntegraCare Corporation without posing a direct threat to self or others.
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demonstrates impeccable ethics and integrity.
2. Cleans community floors including vacuuming, sweeping, damp and or wet mopping, stripping wax, disinfecting, etc. Is attentive and responsive to cleaning baseboards and cove base when cleaning.
3. Cleans carpets and upholstery including vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, disinfecting, etc., as needed.
4. Notices and communicates cleaning needs that are beyond what is scheduled
5. Works steadily without direct supervision during shift.
6. Maintains infection control standards of practice.
7. Assists with snow and ice removal for community when necessary.
8. Attends required in-service trainings, meetings, and orientations.
9. Responds to Residents' requests with a hospitality mindset.
10. Assists in the Safety & Maintenance and Hospitality Department as needed for moving furniture, touch-up painting, and housekeeping tasks.
11. Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
1. Vacuum Cleaner
2. Carpet/Upholstery Extractor
3. Floor Care Equipment
4. Wet/Dry Vacuum
5. Various Mop Systems
7. Laundry Cart
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The ability to maintain a clean and neat environment is required. Knowledge of cleaning practices and substances and specific use of equipment is required. The ability to identify cleaning needs and safety hazards is required. The ability to follow a schedule of cleaning routines, and work without direct supervision is necessary. The ability to effectively communicate problems and deviation to schedules is required. The ability to exercise good judgment and make confident ethical decisions is essential. Must be able to effectively manage time in order to complete multiple tasks. The ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing is required. Requires frequent lifting, bending, stretching, kneeling and standing for extended periods of time. Ability to work evenings and night-shift
High school graduate or GED is required.
Previous floor care experience is preferred.
Note: Minimum age of 18 is required for this position.