- Occasional Part-Time, 8-20 hours. per week, 7a-3p
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Reports To:||Director of Wellness|
|Desired Education Level:||High School|
Assists Residents with all daily life functions (ADL’s: hygiene, bathing, dressing, grooming,
ambulating, etc.) in a friendly and courteous manner, ensuring dignity and respect, by using
techniques learned in Life Stories Training to minimize Resident stress and maximize cooperation
through dignity and empathy. Ensures staff follow through is the same in absence of LifeStories
Director or Life Stages Director/Coordinator to include activity programming. Provides assistance
and support to other RCA’s to ensure task completion and teamwork. Completes documentation
clearly and accurately in Resident records and Move N.
The employee must be able to perform these essential functions with or without reasonable
accommodation by IntegraCare Corporation without posing a direct threat to self or others.
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude, demonstrates impeccable
ethics and integrity.
2. Ambulates or assists in ambulation of the Residents to and from activities, dining room or
other locations as needed.
3. Assists with or performs personal hygiene tasks - brush teeth, comb hair, shave, etc.
4. Transfers or assists Residents from bed to chair, chair to commode, etc.
5. Lifts residents as needed.
6. Bathes, dresses, toilets Residents requiring assistance.
7. Changes bed linens and towels per residence schedules and as needed.
8. Launders Residents' personal laundry per schedule.
9. Loads and pushes clean and soiled laundry carts.
10. Performs daily housekeeping in Residents' rooms - straighten room, organize bedside
tables and dressers, wipe spills, etc.
11. Answers call lights promptly.
12. Serves Resident meals as needed.
13. Reports any identified verbal or written changes in medical condition to supervisor.
14. Measures and records temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, weight and height
15. Ensures that activity programming is continued in the absence of the Life Stories Director or
Life Stages Director/Coordinator.
16. Conducts tours in absence of management team members.
17. Attends all required in-service training sessions and orientations.
18. Respects Residents’ rights, dignity and privacy.
19. Ensures Resident dignity and respect by using techniques learned in Life Stories Training to
minimize Residents stress and maximize cooperation through dignity and empathy.
20. Responds to Residents' requests & attends to Resident’s needs promptly.
2. CPR mask or ambu bag
3. Emergency oxygen equipment
4. Medication equipment (i.e., syringes, vials, etc.)
7. Computer and MOVE N software
8. Nurse Call System
9. Wander Management System
10. Various Lifting and Transfer Equipment
A. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to provide quality assistance to Residents in a professional and caring manner is
required. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is
required. The ability to exercise good judgment and make confident ethical decisions is
essential. Must be able to effectively manage time in order to complete multiple
projects/tasks. Must possess computer skills. Requires frequent lifting of Residents,
bending, stretching, standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
Completion of a state approved Certified Nursing Assistant Program is preferred. A
high school diploma or GED is required.
Prior experience in the care of elderly is preferred.
Current state Certified Nursing Assistant certification is preferred