Community Relations Director
- Full Time
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Departmental Accountabilities:||Community Relations, Leasing and Admissions|
|Reports To:||Executive Operations Officer|
|Desired Education Level:||An Associate's degree from an accredited university or at least 8 years of consistent sales and marketing experience is required. A bachelor's degree from an accredited university is preferred.|
Conducts sales calls to referral sources to build effective working relationships that drive inquires and move ins. Is responsible for the occupancy and overall revenue generated in the community to meet and/or exceed annual budgeted expectations. Initiates and coordinates visits by groups/individuals for the purposes of marketing the residence. Participates in community organizations and professional groups and maintains favorable relationships with social service departments of hospitals, local physicians and portrays a positive image to marketing and referral sources. Works in conjunction with ICC to develop advertising plans, sales messaging and quarterly goals to achieve revenue and occupancy expectations. Communicates census goals and marketing ideas to residence staff and management team. Responsible for ensuring the Community Relations and Leasing Department operates in accordance with all ICC policies and procedures. Works with the Executive Operations Officer and the Resident Wellness Director to maximize move ins and minimize move outs to meet occupancy goals.
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude, demonstrates impeccable ethics and integrity, and has the ability to meet and exceed the sales goals.
2. Develop and ranks sales referral sources and completes the assigned number of quality in-person sales calls per week.
3. Successfully completes Move-N training and Traci Bild training; and utilizes these tools on a daily basis.
4. Ensures the Community Relations and Leasing Department operates in accordance with all ICC policies and procedures.
5. Conducts sales calls to maintain continuing favorable relationships with social service departments or hospitals and other agencies, local physicians and their staff to promote the community and its services.
6. Initiates and coordinates the visit of individuals or groups and other community members to the facility for planned visits, tours, meetings, presentations, etc to build the sphere of influence of the residence.
7. Supervises and maintains active involvement and control of the entire inquiry, move in and move out procedures.
8. Supervises updates and utilizes the residence-specific tour story, personal touch program, quarterly marketing program and the family orientation program in day to day sales activity.
9. Prepares and presents all pertinent move in information and sales call plans at the daily morning meeting and is aware of and facilitates services with the Executive Operations Officer and Resident Wellness Director to present unnecessary move outs.
10. Reports census to IntegraCare home office on a daily basis.
11. Prepares reports as required and needed by management staff and home office on a timely basis.
12. Actively participates in local community organizations and professional groups (i.e., Rotary Club, Chamber of Commerce, Health Care Associations).
13. Plans, organizes and implements public relations functions in conjunction with the Executive Operations Officer and IntegraCare Corporation.
14. Meets all new residents within twenty-four hours of move in. Assesses at this time whether needs are being met and facilitates the starts of the resident personal touch program.
15. Upon initial move in, acts as a liaison between Resident and residence, and family and residence.
16. Identifies problems or concerns with Residents and referral sources and provides feasible and appropriate recommendations.
17. Maintains knowledge in all programs and regulations that affect the inquiry, move in and move out procedures.
18. As needed, meets with Resident/family to understand needs and obtain social history to facilitate a move in to the residence.
19. Refers Resident and/or family to appropriate social service agencies when the residence does not provide services to meet the needs of the Resident.
20. Supervises and participates in discharge planning, development, and implementation of social care plans and resident assessments.
21. Supervises completion of all necessary forms and reports related to the move in process to be complaint with all state requirements and IntegraCare policies and procedures.
22. Networks with local and regional home care agencies, hospitals and long-term care facilities to support the admission/discharge planning process.
23. Develops systems to keep in touch with competitive facilities in the marketing area to ensure that the residence is competitive and current.
24. Interviews, hires and assess performance of the Community Relations and Leasing team members, providing counseling and additional training as needed; develops work schedule for the marketing and sales department and, as needed, assesses timesheets for payroll processing.
25. Must be action/results orientated with strong customer service skills.
26. Must be adaptable, teachable and flexible in tasks and have exceptional time management and organizational skills.
27. Must be a team player and have the ability to mentor and coach other residence team members on excellent customer service as it related to meeting potential residents during tours and on site visits.
28. Self-motivated, proactive and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
29. Conducts and/or attends required in-service training and orientations.
30. Participates in the manager-on-duty program.
31. Responds to Residents' requests.
32. Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
A. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Requires the professional knowledge and skills necessary to plan, organize, develop and direct the Community Relations and Leasing Department in accordance with ICC policies and procedures, and with current state and local regulatory guidelines. Requires the ability to direct the sales and marketing function so as to attain census goals. The ability to supervise the inquiry, move in, and move out process is essential. The ability to exercise good judgment and make confident ethical decisions is essential. Must be able to effectively manage time in order to complete multiple tasks. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is essential.
An Associate's degree from an accredited university or at least 8 years of consistent sales and marketing experience is required. A bachelor's degree from an accredited university is preferred.
Requires three or more years of sales/marketing experience or sales background in the health care industry.
Valid driver's license is required.
E. Job Characteristics
The focus of this position is working with and through others, building and maintaining relationships, and working closely and accurately within established guidelines. There is a need for an effective communicator, someone who is able to stimulate and motivate others while being aware of and responsive to their needs and concerns. There will be many different people to meet and work with. The person in this position must be friendly and genuinely interested in the business, agenda, and needs of others, including the company, its management, the team, the company's customers, or all of the above. A persuasive, teaching style of communication is required to communicate the company's policies, programs, and systems. A faster-than-average pace will be the norm for this position. Detail work is a major focus of the job, and those details need to be handled quickly, correctly, and efficiently. This portion of the work will often focus on relationships with others; correct handling of details dealing with others is necessary to maintain and grow relationships. If the job involves managing others, following up carefully, closely, and cheerfully is required to ensure both correct work and maintenance of the relationships. Necessary corrections must be made in a constructive, supportive manner. As time is usually a factor, the work must be done on time, as well as correctly. In general, this is a position where guidelines, structure, and established policies must be followed fairly closely, while working with and for others.
Bay Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer