Community Relations Director
The Woods at Cedar Run
(Camp Hill, PA)
|Departmental Accountabilities:||Community Relations and Leasing for CB and WCR. Responsible for occupancy and referral source relationships for both communities.|
|Reports To:||Executive Operations Officer|
|Desired Education Level:||A bachelor's degree from an accredited university is required.|
Initiates and coordinates visits by groups/individuals for the purposes of marketing both residences. Participates in community organizations and professional groups and maintains favorable relationships with social service departments of hospitals, local physicians and portrays a positive image to marketing and referral sources. Communicates census goals and marketing ideas to team members and management team of both communities. Responsible for ensuring the Community Relations and Leasing department operates in accordance with all ICC policies and procedures.
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude, demonstrates impeccable ethics and integrity, and has the ability to meet and exceed the sales goals.
2. Spends one day per week inside to set up appointments, the remainder of the week to be spent making external sales calls, two days for referral sources for both communities, one day for CB specific resources and one day for WCR specific resources. Outside sales calls - 32 per week minimum. Successfully completes month end Move N and LOS reports as per position guidelines.
3. Ensures both communities Relations and Leasing Departments operate in accordance with all ICC policies and procedures within the scope of designated responsibilities.
4. Visits and maintains continuing favorable relationships with social service departments or hospitals and other agencies, local physicians and their staff.
5. Initiates and coordinates the visits of individuals or groups and other community members to the community for planned visits, tours, meetings, presentations, etc to build the sphere of influence of the residence.
6. Supervises and maintains active involvement and control of the referral process, assessment process and follow up requirements.
7. Supervises and participates in the use of the residence-specific tour story, 360 VIP Program, event planning, quarterly marketing program and the family orientation program in day to day sales activity for both communities.
8. Prepares and presents all pertinent move in information and sales call plans at the daily morning meeting and is aware of and facilitates services with the Executive Operations Officer and Resident Wellness Director to prevent unnecessary move outs.
9. Reports occupancy to ICC in conjunction with internal sales force.
10. Actively participates in local community organizations and professional groups (i.e., Rotary Club, Chamber of Commerce, Health Care Associations).
11. Plans, organizes and implements public relations functions in conjunction with both Executive Operations Officers and IntegraCare Corporation.
12. Acts as a liaison between the communities and the referral sources.
13. Identifies problems or concerns with Residents and provide feasible and appropriate recommendations.
14. Maintains knowledge in all programs and regulations that affect the inquiry, move in, and discharge procedures.
15. As needed, meets with Resident/family to understand needs and obtain social history to facilitate a move in to the residence.
16. Refers Resident and/or family to appropriate social service agencies when the residence does not provide services to meet the needs of the Resident.
17. Supervises and may participate in discharge planning, development and implementation of service/care plans and resident assessments.
18. Supervises completion of all necessary forms and reports related to social services areas.
19. Networks with local and regional home care agencies and long-term care facilities to support the admission/discharge planning process.
20. Develops systems to keep in touch with competitive facilities in the market area to ensure that the residence is competitive and current.
21. Attends morning meeting at both communities at least once per week on a rotating basis.
22. Participates in family orientation at both communities on a rotating basis.
23. Conducts and/or attends required in-service training and orientation,
24. Participates in the manager-on-duty program at both communities as per agreed upon schedule.
25. Must be action/results orientated with strong customer service skills.
26. Must be adaptable, teachable and flexible in tasks and have exceptional time management and organizational skills.
27. Must be a team player and have the ability to mentor and coach other residence team members on excellent customer service as it related to meeting potential residents during tours and on site visits.
28. Self-motivated, proactive and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
29. Responds to Residents' requests as needed.
30. Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
A. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Requires the professional knowledge and skills necessary to plan, organize, develop and direct the Admissions Department in accordance with ICC policies and procedures, and with current state and local regulatory guidelines. Requires the ability to direct the sales and marketing function so as to attain census goals. The ability to supervise the inquiry, admissions and discharge process is essential. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is essential. Must be able to effectively manage time in order to complete multiple tasks. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is essential.
A bachelor's degree from an accredited university is required.
Requires three or more years of sales/marketing experience or sales background in the health care industry.
Valid driver's license in state in which employed is required.
E. Job Characteristics
- Variety of activities with multiple projects occurring simultaneously
- Sense of urgency for goal achievement in a fast-paced environment
- People/relationships focus, using team building to inspire, motivate others, and engage their commitment
- Involve others in decision-making process
- Cooperative, collaborative decision-making
- Must assume responsibility for risk
- Extroverted, warm, enthusiastic, empathetic
- Stimulating communicator with a persuasive “selling” style and collaborative approach
- Leadership based on ability to motivate others
- Strong commitment to results
Help us learn more about your personal and motivating factors by following the link below to take the Predictive Index Assessment. The assessment will take roughly 15-20 minutes: