Colonial Courtyard at Clearfield
- PT - 2nd shift - 11:30am to 7:30pm
- PT - 1st shift - 6a to 230p,
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Departmental Accountabilities:||Food Service|
|Reports To:||Food Service Director|
|Desired Education Level:||High School|
Responsible for preparing residence meals in accordance with planned menus and sanitary regulations. Assists with the ordering and purchasing of food and food service supplies. Reviews dietary requirements of the Residents and assists in meeting dietary restrictions.
1. Performs all duties and responsibilities with a positive customer service attitude.
2. Prepares residence meals and special event food in accordance with sanitary regulations as well as ICC policies and procedures.
3. Prepares meals and in accordance with established menus, standard recipes, established inventories, portion control guidelines, ICC policies and procedures, and within sanitation regulations.
4. Prepares residence meals and special event food to be appetizing in appearance and taste.
5. Assists in ordering and purchasing food and food service supplies, and assists in inventory.
6. Meets with food service personnel as needed to identify and correct problem areas and/or improvement of services.
7. Reviews the dietary requirements of each Resident on an on-going basis and assists in planning for Residents’ diets.
8. Assures the stock level of staple and non-staple food and food service supplies are maintained at adequate levels at all times.
9. Assists in daily or scheduled cleaning duties in the kitchen/dining area.
10. Maintains portion control within food service delivery.
11. Maintains standard recipe file.
12. Ensures kitchen equipment is maintained in proper working condition.
13. Attends required in-service trainings and orientations.
14. Responds to Residents’ requests.
15. Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
1. Ovens (convection and conventional)
3. Flat Top
6. Steam Kettle
7. Tilt Skillet
8. Steam Table
12. Microwave Oven
14. Dish Machine
A. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Requires the knowledge and skill to prepare residence meals that are appetizing in appearance and taste and meet Resident and ICC expectations. Must have the ability to work within the established food budget. Requires the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Requires frequent lifting, bending, stretching, stooping and standing for long periods of time.
A high school diploma or G.E.D. is preferred.
At least one year cooking experience required.
Sanitation License if required in county or state employed.