The Residence at Colvin Run
(Great Falls, VA)
- Part Time
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Departmental Accountabilities:||Dining Services|
|Reports To:||Dining Experience Director|
|Desired Education Level:||A high school diploma or GED is required, or enrollment in accredited high school.|
Responsible for preparing dining room for meals by setting tables, folding napkins, filling water glasses, providing and refilling condiments. Assists in food preparation as needed. Serves meals to Residents in a courteous and professional manner and clears dishes from tables to kitchen. Removes soiled linens from tables and cleans and straightens dining room after meals.
The employee must be able to perform these essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation by IntegraCare Corporation without posing a direct threat to self or others.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude, demonstrates impeccable ethics and integrity.
- Prepares and sets tables to include tablecloth and napkin placement, setting silverware and dishes, maintaining and setting condiments, filling water glasses, etc.
- Assists with seating residents as needed.
- Makes self knowledgeable of daily menu selections and provides this information to Residents.
- Makes self knowledgeable of individual Resident dietary restrictions.
- Prepares coffee and tea service.
- Serves beverages and meals to Residents, and refills beverages as requested.
- Works as Runner during assigned meal shifts, serving meals to residents.
- Clears dishes from table and takes them to kitchen/dishwashing station.
- Changes soiled linens after meals.
- Assists in pressing tablecloths and other dietary linens.
- Cleans and straightens dining room after meals in preparation for next meal by vacuuming, straightening chairs and tables, re-filling condiments, folding napkins, washing furniture, etc.
- Assists in maintaining clean kitchen and dining areas to include cleaning coffee station, microwave, refrigerator and straightening cabinets and flatware bin.
- Empties garbage as needed.
- Restocks wait station.
- Takes resident meal orders.
- Communicates to Dining Services Director any dietary constraints not adhered to by Residents, Resident feedback and other pertinent information or observations regarding dietary and food service.
- Conducts tours in absence of management team members.
- Attends all required in-service trainings and orientations.
- Responds to Residents' requests.
- Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
- Coffee machine
- Food carts and trays
- Dish machine
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Requires the knowledge of proper table setting and serving and the ability to follow such procedures. The ability to provide menu selection to Residents, follow individual dietary restrictions and take accurate orders is essential. The ability to exercise good judgment and make confident ethical decisions is essential. Must be able to effectively manage time in order to complete multiple tasks. Requires the ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing. Requires frequent heavy lifting, standing for extensive periods of time, bending, stooping and stretching.
A high school diploma or GED is required, or enrollment in accredited high school.
Six months to one year prior experience in food service or waiting is preferred.
Certificates/Licenses None required
The Residence at Colvin Run is a 62-unit Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Great Falls, VA. We are located in between Tysons Corner and Reston, VA. We work together to get to know our residents and their families, provide high quality care and engagement, and foster an environment with strong relationships and a sense of vitality.
We believe in taking care of our employees so they can care for the residents. We support a fun, team environment, where everyone makes a difference each day.
IntegraCare, our management company, is committed to creating an inclusive, positive and welcoming culture for all team members.
Our work environment includes:
- Flexible working hours
- Employee recognition programs
- Free meals
- Tuition reimbursement