Dining Experience Director
Candle Light Cove
- Full Time
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Departmental Accountabilities:||Dining Services|
|Reports To:||Executive Operations Officer|
|Desired Education Level:||Requires high school diploma or GED. Successful completion of a reputable course in food operation is preferred. A degree in culinary arts and management is ideal.|
The focus of this job is on achieving results which are aligned with the larger picture of the organization and its strategic goals. Initiative, coupled with a sense of competitive drive, and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions, is the key to achieving the performance objectives of this job. Because environmental and organizational conditions change rapidly, the work involves innovation and creativity in generating ideas for quick response. Decision-making is focused on implementing practical, timely solutions. The job requires getting things done quickly and handling a variety of activities. Self-assurance, and the confidence to purposely drive toward results while constantly problem-solving and engaging the commitment of others is essential. A leadership style that is firm and goal oriented, and yet motivates, trains, and engages others in an enthusiastic way is important. The emphasis on building rapport and relationships with individuals and groups requires an outgoing, poised and persuasive communication style. Because the pace of the work is faster than average, the ability to learn quickly and thoroughly while continually recognizing and adapting to changing conditions is critical. The scope of the job may require effective delegation to proven people. Especially routine and repetitive details should be delegated but with responsibility for follow up and accountability for timely results. While the job requires the ability to act independently, a sense of urgency and the confidence to handle a variety of challenges, a full commitment to the success of the business and high standards of achievement are expected in this position. The emphasis is on results, and effective systems that achieve results through and with people, rather than on the details of implementation. The job environment is flexible, constantly changing and provides growth opportunity, recognition and reward for the achievement of business results.
The employee must be able to perform these essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation by IntegraCare Corporation without posing a direct threat to self or others.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demonstrates impeccable ethics and integrity.
- Ensures that the Dining Experience Department operates in accordance with all ICC policies and procedures, and with state and local regulations.
- Coordinates food service programs and activities in conjunction with department heads.
- Conducts and/or attends required in-service training and orientation.
- Inspects the food service area for compliance with current applicable regulations at least weekly.
- Purchases and orders food, supplies, equipment, etc.
- Inventories and weighs incoming food and supplies.
- Maintains a file of tested standard recipes to reflect menu cycles.
- Ensures the kitchen, dining areas and food storage areas are maintained in accordance with health and sanitation requirements.
- Ensures that resident meals are prepared and served per established menus and to the expectations of ICC and residents.
- Ensures proper storage of food is maintained.
- Assists in food preparation as needed.
- Acts as scheduled Cuisineur for at least two days per week.
- Presence during meal service is required and mandatory for two meals.
- Works weekend coverage as required.
- Develops and monitors adequate inventory control procedures.
- Takes monthly inventory and reports results to ICC home office.
- Maintains emergency supplies per state regulations.
- Interviews and hires Dining Experience team members.
- Evaluates Dining Experience team members and provides counseling and additional training as needed.
- Determines adequate staffing needs, develops a work schedule and performs weekly timekeeping.
- Must be adaptable, teachable and flexible in tasks and have exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to mentor and coach other residence team members.
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Participates in the manager-on-duty program, to encompass working as a direct care worker when the needs of the community require such.
- Responds to Residents' requests.
- Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
- Ovens (convection and conventional)
- Flat Top
- Steam Kettle
- Tilt Skillet
- Steam Table
- Microwave Oven
- Dish Machine
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Requires the ability to manage and direct the food service department, including adhering to budgetary guidelines and maintaining proper inventory levels. Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of food preparation and kitchen operations. The ability to exercise good judgment and make confident ethical decisions is essential. Must be able to effectively manage time in order to complete multiple tasks. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is essential. Requires frequent lifting, bending, stretching and stooping.
Requires high school diploma or GED. Successful completion of a reputable course in food operation is preferred. A degree in culinary arts and management is ideal.
Requires a minimum of five years experience in the food service field, with a minimum of two years in a management capacity.
Current certificates and/or licenses as required by federal/state/local agencies.