Director of Housekeeping
Candle Light Cove
- FT, rotating MOD weekends
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Reports To:||Executive Operating Officer|
|Desired Education Level:||High School Diploma/GED|
Responsible for managing and monitoring the hospitality functions for the residence. Supervises
hospitality team members. Ensures the department is operating in accordance with ICC polices and
procedures and that all Resident and staff housekeeping and laundry needs are met. Responsible
for maintaining adequate cleaning and laundry supplies.
The employee must be able to perform these essential functions with or without reasonable
accommodation by IntegraCare Corporation without posing a direct threat to self or others.
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude, demonstrates impeccable
ethics and integrity.
2. Ensures the hospitality department operates in accordance with ICC policies and
3. Supervises Hospitality Associates and Hospitality Laundry Associate.
4. Assess staffing needs and establishes a work schedule for hospitality department.
5. Accepts call-offs from hospitality team members and replaces call-offs.
6. Interviews, hires and trains hospitality team members.
7. Ensures that the facility and laundry areas are maintained in a clean and safe manner,
assuring appropriate caution/safety signs are used. SDS are present and in a clearly marked
binder with a Table of Contents and tabs for all chemicals in use in each area, including
8. Ensures that the laundry and linen supplies are readily available to meet the daily needs of
the residents and facility.
9. Coordinates the daily housekeeping/laundry services with the resident care department
when performing routine cleaning assignments in resident living or recreational areas.
10. Schedules indoor/outdoor window cleaning at least twice a year.
11. Develops and schedules quarterly deep cleaning schedules.
12. Assures that established infection control practices are maintained in housekeeping/laundry
13. Develops and maintains hospitality assignments and instructs hospitality team members
14. Provides corrective feedback to and disciplines hospitality team members.
15. Completes performance reviews for hospitality team members.
16. Assists in daily cleaning and laundry activities as needed.
17. Purchases housekeeping and laundry supplies and maintains appropriate inventory.
18. Conducts and/or attends required in-services and orientation.
19. Must be adaptable, teachable and flexible in tasks and have exceptional time management
and organizational skills.
20. Must be a team player and have the ability to mentor and coach other residence team
21. Self-motivated, proactive and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced
22. Responds to Residents' requests.
23. Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
24. May participate in the Manager-on-Duty program.
1. Vacuum Cleaner
2. Carpet/Upholstery Extractor
3. Floor Care Equipment
4. Wet/Dry Vacuum
7. Hospitality Cart
8. Laundry Cart
9. Washing Machine
A. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The ability to manage and direct the housekeeping and laundry functions in accordance with
ICC policies and procedures, and with state and local regulations is required. Knowledge of
cleaning and laundering practices and techniques is required. The ability to communicate
effectively in English both orally and in writing is required. The ability to exercise good
judgment and make confident ethical decisions is essential. Must be able to effectively
manage time in order to complete multiple tasks. Requires frequent lifting, stretching,
bending and standing for long periods of time. Requires pushing of linen carts. Must
possess computer skills for department schedules and placing orders.
High school graduate or GED is required.
Three to four years supervisory experience in the housekeeping/laundry field is required.