The Pines of Mount Lebanon
- Full-Time with rotating weekends
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Reports To:||Hospitality Executive Associate / Executive Operations Officer|
|Desired Education Level:||High school graduate or GED is preferred|
Responsible for cleaning Residents' rooms and community common areas including vacuuming, sweeping, dusting, polishing, mopping, disinfecting, etc. Discards waste into proper containers, replaces light bulbs and assists with any general hospitality duties necessary.
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demonstrates impeccable ethics and integrity.
2. Cleans community floors including vacuuming, sweeping, damp and or wet mopping, stripping wax, disinfecting, etc.
3. Cleans carpets and upholstery including vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, disinfecting, etc., as needed.
4. Cleans and or polishes furniture, fixtures, ledges, heating and cooling units in residents' rooms, common areas and offices.
5. Cleans, washes, polishes and sanitizes Resident and common area bathrooms.
6. Cleans windows and mirrors in Resident rooms and common areas.
Hospitality Associate – November 2018 2
7. Cleans walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting and spot cleaning.
8. Discards waste/trash into proper containers and re-lines trash receptacles.
9. Discards waste/trash into residence dumpster.
10. Cleans and properly stores equipment in designated areas after use.
11. Replaces light bulbs.
12. Maintains common area furniture in proper positions.
13. Maintains infection control standards of practice.
14. Conducts tours in absence of management team members.
15. Attends required in-service trainings and orientations.
16. Responds to Residents' requests.
17. Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
1. Vacuum Cleaner
2. Carpet/Upholstery Extractor
3. Floor Care Equipment
4. Wet/Dry Vacuum
5. Hospitality Cart
6. Laundry Cart
9. Washing machine
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The ability to maintain a clean and neat environment is required. Knowledge of cleaning practices and substances is required. The ability to identify cleaning needs and safety hazards is required. The ability to exercise good judgment and make confident ethical decisions is essential. Must be able to effectively manage time in order to complete multiple tasks. The ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing is required. Requires frequent lifting, bending, stretching, kneeling and standing for extended periods of time.
High school graduate or GED is preferred.
Previous housekeeping experience in a health care or hospitality setting is preferred.
Note: Minimum age of 18 is required for this position.