Hospitality Services Director
|Reports To:||Executive Operations Officer|
|Desired Education Level:||High school graduate or GED.|
Responsible for managing and monitoring the hospitality functions for the residence. Supervises hospitality team members. Ensures the department is operating in accordance with ICC polices and procedures and that all Resident and staff housekeeping and laundry needs are met. Responsible for maintaining adequate cleaning and laundry supplies.
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude, demonstrates impeccable ethics and integrity.
2. Ensures the hospitality department operates in accordance with ICC policies and procedures.
3. Supervises Hospitality Associates and Hospitality Laundry Associate.
4. Assess staffing needs and establishes a work schedule for hospitality department.
5. Accepts call-offs from hospitality team members and replaces call-offs.
6. Interviews, hires and trains hospitality team members.
7. Ensures that the facility and laundry areas are maintained in a clean and safe manner, assuring appropriate caution/safety signs are used. SDS are present and in a clearly marked binder with a Table of Contents and tabs for all chemicals in use in each area, including hospitality carts.
8. Ensures that the laundry and linen supplies are readily available to meet the daily needs of the residents and facility.
9. Coordinates the daily housekeeping/laundry services with the resident care department when performing routine cleaning assignments in resident living or recreational areas.
10. Schedules indoor/outdoor window cleaning at least twice a year.
11. Develops and schedules quarterly deep cleaning schedules.
12. Assures that established infection control practices are maintained in housekeeping/laundry departments.
13. Develops and maintains hospitality assignments and instructs hospitality team members accordingly.
14. Provides corrective feedback to and disciplines hospitality team members.
15. Completes performance reviews for hospitality team members.
16. Assists in daily cleaning and laundry activities as needed.
17. Purchases housekeeping and laundry supplies and maintains appropriate inventory.
18. Conducts and/or attends required in-services and orientation.
19. Must be adaptable, teachable and flexible in tasks and have exceptional time management and organizational skills.
20. Must be a team player and have the ability to mentor and coach other residence team members.
21. Self-motivated, proactive and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
22. Responds to Residents' requests.
23. Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
24. May participate in the Manager-on-Duty program.
A. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The ability to manage and direct the housekeeping and laundry functions in accordance with ICC policies and procedures, and with state and local regulations is required. Knowledge of cleaning and laundering practices and techniques is required. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is required. The ability to exercise good judgment and make confident ethical decisions is essential. Must be able to effectively manage time in order to complete multiple tasks. Requires frequent lifting, stretching, bending and standing for long periods of time. Requires pushing of linen carts. Must possess computer skills for department schedules and placing orders.
High school graduate or GED is required.
Three to four years supervisory experience in the housekeeping/laundry field is required.
E. Job Characteristics
The focus of this specialized, technically oriented position is on meeting and exceeding high standards of accuracy and quality based on established systems, technologies and guidelines. Strength in technical problem solving based on expertise and experience, and a strong commitment to efficiently achieve high quality results is required. A thoughtful, persevering, self-disciplined approach to achieving accurate, detailed work is essential. Job responsibilities and expectations are clearly defined, as is the scope of job authority. Expertise and competency is developed through a systematic technical training program, as well as an ongoing exposure to and training in new technical systems once they have been adopted and well tested. A key aspect of the job includes the ongoing identification of technical problems and the development of sound, carefully thought-out solutions. Problem solving is focused on proven systems and technologies and established organizational relationships. Solutions should minimize risk to the organization and utilize existing resources. Because of the expertise developed in this position, it is necessary to regularly initiate and communicate viewpoints on problems and opportunities in a factual, straightforward manner. This job allows for autonomy and independence, and is primarily self-reliant. If the job involves managing others, there is a need for someone who will exercise the necessary authority in assuring that subordinates meet or exceed the same technical standards of quality and accuracy. Delegation must be firm, clear and focused on the specific tasks and technical activities of the job. Because of the fast paced job environment, decisions must be made quickly and firmly, within the defined scope of job authority and based on job expertise. In general, this is a valued expert expected to deliver high quality, accurate results, while efficiently maintaining and enhancing existing organizational systems and standards.
Note: Minimum age of 18 is required for this position.
As part of our selection process, we utilize a Predictive Index Assessment to help guide us in hiring talent that strengths best align with our roles. Help us learn more about your personal and motivating factors by following the link below to take the Predictive Index Assessment. The assessment will take roughly 15 minutes:
IntegraCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer