Hospitality Executive Associate
The Residence at Colvin Run
(Great Falls, VA)
- Full Time
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Departmental Accountabilities:||Housekeeping & Laundry|
|Reports To:||Executive Operations Officer|
|Desired Education Level:||High School Diploma/GED|
The focus of this position is working with and through others, building and maintaining relationships, and working closely and accurately within established guidelines. There is a need for an effective communicator, someone who is able to stimulate and motivate others while being aware of and responsive to their needs and concerns. There will be many different people to meet and work with. The person in this position must be friendly and genuinely interested in the business, agenda, and needs of others, including the company, its management, the team, the company's customers, or all of the above. A persuasive, teaching style of communication is required to communicate the company's policies, programs, and systems. A faster-than-average pace will be the norm for this position. Detail work is a major focus of the job, and those details need to be handled quickly, correctly, and efficiently. This portion of the work will often focus on relationships with others; correct handling of details dealing with others is necessary to maintain and grow relationships. If the job involves managing others, following up carefully, closely, and cheerfully is required to ensure both correct work and maintenance of the relationships. Necessary corrections must be made in a constructive, supportive manner. As time is usually a factor, the work must be done on time, as well as correctly. In general, this is a position where guidelines, structure, and established policies must be followed fairly closely, while working with and for others.
The employee must be able to perform these essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation by IntegraCare Corporation without posing a direct threat to self or others.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude, demonstrates impeccable ethics and integrity.
- Ensures the hospitality department operates in accordance with ICC policies and procedures.
- Supervises Hospitality Associates and Hospitality Laundry Associate.
- Assess staffing needs and establishes a work schedule for hospitality department.
- Accepts call-offs from hospitality team members and replaces call-offs.
- Interviews, hires and trains hospitality team members.
- Ensures that the facility and laundry areas are maintained in a clean and safe manner, assuring appropriate caution/safety signs are used.
- Ensures that the laundry and linen supplies are readily available to meet the daily needs of the residents and facility.
- Coordinates the daily housekeeping/laundry services with the resident care department when performing routine cleaning assignments in resident living or recreational areas.
- Schedules indoor window cleaning at least twice a year.
- Schedules quarterly deep cleaning schedules.
- Assures that established infection control practices are maintained in housekeeping/laundry departments.
- Develops and maintains hospitality assignments and instructs hospitality team members accordingly.
- Provides corrective feedback to and disciplines hospitality team members.
- Completes performance reviews for hospitality team members.
- Assists in daily cleaning and laundry activities as needed.
- Purchases housekeeping and laundry supplies and maintains appropriate inventory.
- Conducts and/or attends required in-services and orientation.
- Must be adaptable, teachable and flexible in tasks and have exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to mentor and coach other residence team members.
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Responds to Residents' requests.
- Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
- Participates in the manager-on-duty program, to encompass working as a direct care worker when the needs of the community require such.
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Carpet/Upholstery Extractor
- Laundry Cart
- Washing Machine
- Floor Stripper
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The ability to manage and direct the housekeeping and laundry functions in accordance with ICC policies and procedures, and with state and local regulations is required. Knowledge of cleaning and laundering practices and techniques is required. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is required. The ability to exercise good judgment and make confident ethical decisions is essential. Must be able to effectively manage time in order to complete multiple tasks. Requires frequent lifting, stretching, bending and standing for long periods of time. Requires pushing of linen carts. Must possess computer skills for department schedules and placing orders.
High school graduate or GED is required.
Three to four years supervisory experience in the housekeeping/laundry field is required.