Resident Wellness Associate
Candle Light Cove
- All Shifts- Occasional PT- every other weekend
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Reports To:||Director of Resident Care Services|
|Desired Education Level:||High School|
Assists Residents with all daily life functions (ADL’s: hygiene, bathing, dressing, grooming, ambulating, etc.) in a friendly and courteous manner, ensuring dignity and respect, by using techniques learned in Memory Care Training to minimize Resident stress and maximize cooperation through dignity and empathy. Ensures staff follow through is the same in absence of LifeStories Director or Activity Coordinator to include activity programming. Provides assistance and support to other RCA’s to ensure task completion and teamwork. Completes documentation clearly and accurately in Resident records and Move N.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude, demonstrates impeccable ethics and integrity.
- Ambulates or assists in ambulation of the Residents to and from activities, dining room or other locations as needed.
- Assists with or performs personal hygiene tasks - brush teeth, comb hair, shave, etc.
- Transfers or assists Residents from bed to chair, chair to commode, etc.
- Lifts residents as needed.
- Bathes, dresses, toilets Residents requiring assistance.
- Changes bed linens and towels per residence schedules and as needed.
- Launders Residents' personal laundry per schedule.
- Loads and pushes clean and soiled laundry carts.
- Performs daily housekeeping in Residents' rooms - straighten room, organize bedside tables and dressers, wipe spills, etc.
- Answers call lights promptly.
- Serves Resident meals as needed.
- Reports any identified verbal or written changes in medical condition to supervisor.
- Measures and records temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, weight and height as instructed.
- Ensures that activity programming is continued in the absence of the LifeStories Director or Activities Coordinator.
- Conducts tours in absence of management team members.
- Attends all required in-service training sessions and orientations.
- Respects Residents’ rights, dignity and privacy.
- Ensures Resident dignity and respect by using techniques learned in Memory Care Training to minimize Residents stress and maximize cooperation through dignity and empathy.
- Responds to Residents' requests.
- CPR mask or ambu bag
- Emergency oxygen equipment
- Medication equipment (i.e., syringes, vials, etc.)
- Computer and MOVE N software
- Nurse Call System
- Wander Management System
- Various Lifting and Transfer Equipment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to provide quality assistance to Residents in a professional and caring manner is required. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is required. The ability to exercise good judgment and make confident ethical decisions is essential. Must be able to effectively manage time in order to complete multiple tasks. Must possess computer skills. Requires frequent lifting of Residents, bending, stretching, standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
High school graduate, GED or active registry status on the Pennsylvania nurse aide registry is required.
Prior Resident Care experience.
Home Health Care or Certified Nurses Aide certificate is preferred. CPR or first aid certificates preferred.
Pace and Variety of Activities
- Perform a steady, even pace of activities to assist Residents with their basic daily needs (mobility, daily tasks, personal hygiene, etc.)
- Must be able to work within defined standards and establish daily routines that help provide our Residents with a degree of predictability
- Must be capable of displaying a strong “people-focused” attitude, while having a reserved and calming nature
- Must have a helpful, “service” orientation
- Must be able to maintain a strong focus on repeatable, very high-quality results
- Must be cautious and “by the book” with decision making skills
- Must be able to carefully examine the facts, establish procedures, and follow proven processes that guide decision making
Communication & Collaboration
- Communication must be factual, polite and professional in nature
- Communication must be clear and concise, and contain specific and knowledgeable detail about areas of responsibility
- Must be able to maintain focus and stay on topic to avoid unnecessary distractions
- Must be able to gain and apply expertise from training, knowledge, and experience