Resident Services Associate
Colonial Courtyard at Tyrone
- Part-Time 3-11pm
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Reports To:||Resident Wellness Director|
|Desired Education Level:||High school graduate, GED or active registry status on the Pennsylvania nurse aide registry is required.|
Assists Residents with all daily life functions (ADL’s: hygiene, bathing, dressing, grooming, ambulating, etc.) in a friendly and courteous manner, ensuring dignity and respect, by using techniques learned in Memory Care Training to minimize Resident stress and maximize cooperation through dignity and empathy. Ensures staff follow through is the same in absence of LifeStories Director or LifeStages Coordinator to include activity programming. Provides assistance and support to other RSA’s to ensure task completion and teamwork. Completes documentation clearly and accurately in Resident records and Move N.
The employee must be able to perform these essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation by IntegraCare Corporation without posing a direct threat to self or others.
1. Performs all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude.
2. Prepares resident room for admission
3. Accompanies resident to room and make comfortable. Introduces resident to roommates, staff and tablemates as needed.
4. Inventories, labels and stores resident’s personal belongings.
5. Assists residents with packing belongings when discharges or moving to a new room.
6. Performs administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc. and submits to supervisor.
7. Assures that all personal care is met in accordance with the daily task sheets
8. Inspect resident room for food articles (i.e. proper storage containers, spoiled food, etc.)
9. Reports all incidents/accidents and/or changes in resident’s condition.
10. Makes beds neatly and changed bed linen and towels per residence schedule, or as needed.
11. Bathes, dresses, toilets Residents requiring assistance.
12. Assists with or performs personal hygiene tasks - brush teeth, comb hair, shave, etc.
13. Provides eye and ear care for residents.
14. Assists residents with personal telephone calls, letter, etc. as requested.
15. Reminds residents of appointments, meals, activities, as necessary.
16. Lifts residents and supplies as needed.
17. Assist with dying residents and provide post-mortem care, as needed.
18. Assists in the timely serving of meals.
19. Clears tables of dirty dished and trash after meals.
20. Delivers sick meal trays to resident’s in their rooms, as needed.
21. Performs daily housekeeping and laundry assignments in accordance with the residence schedule.
22. Collects sorts and washes soiled laundry, linens and garments, including Residents' personal laundry.
23. Loads and pushes clean and soiled laundry carts.
24. Replaces washing chemicals as needed.
25. Cleans, washes, polishes and sanitizes Resident rooms and common area bathrooms.
26. Cleans carpets including vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, disinfecting, etc.
27. Discards waste/trash into proper containers and re-lines trash receptacles.
28. Discards waste/trash into residence dumpster.
29. Maintains infection control standards of practice.
30. Ambulates or assists in ambulation of the Residents to and from activities, dining room or other locations as needed.
31. Ensures that activity programming is continued in the absence of the LifeStories Director or LifeStages Coordinator.
32. Answers call lights promptly.
33. Attends all required in-service training sessions and orientations.
34. Respects Residents’ rights, dignity and privacy.
35. Ensures Resident dignity and respect by using techniques learned in Memory Care Training to minimize Residents stress and maximize cooperation through dignity and empathy.
36. Responds to Residents' requests.
EQUIPMENT NECESSARY TO OPERATE TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
2. CPR mask or ambu bag
3. Emergency oxygen equipment
4. Medication equipment (i.e., syringes, vials, etc.)
7. Computer and MOVE N software
8. Nurse Call System
Resident Services Associate – October 2018 3
9. Wander Management System
10. Various Lifting and Transfer Equipment
11. Washing Machine
14. Laundry Cart
15. Vacuum Cleaner
All will be provided
Must be 18 years old or older.
Requires extensive lifting and transferring of Residents.
Lifting of laundry supplies and furniture.
Requires climbing stairs, pushing med cart, changing beds etc..
Extensive standing and walking.