Resident Wellness Associate
The Pines of Mount Lebanon
- Full-Time 10:00pm-6:00am with rotating weekends
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Reports To:||Resident Wellness Director, Charge Nurse/LPN Supervisor & Life Stories Director or Life Stages Coordinator|
|Desired Education Level:||High school graduate, GED or active registry status on the Pennsylvania nurse aide registry is required|
Assists Residents with all daily life functions (ADL’s: hygiene, bathing, dressing, grooming, ambulating, etc.) in a friendly and courteous manner, ensuring dignity and respect, by using techniques learned in Life Stories Training to minimize Resident stress and maximize cooperation through dignity and empathy. Ensures staff follow through is the same in absence of Life Stories Director or Life Stages Coordinator to include activity programming. Provides assistance and support to other Resident Wellness Associates to ensure task completion and teamwork. Completes documentation clearly and accurately in Resident records and Move N.
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude, demonstrates impeccable
Resident Wellness Associate – November 2018 2
ethics and integrity.
2. Ambulates or assists in ambulation of the Residents to and from activities, dining room or other locations as needed.
3. Assists with or performs personal hygiene tasks - brush teeth, comb hair, shave, etc.
4. Transfers or assists Residents from bed to chair, chair to commode, etc.
5. Lifts residents as needed.
6. Bathes, dresses, toilets Residents requiring assistance.
7. Changes bed linens and towels per residence schedules and as needed.
8. Launders Residents' personal laundry per schedule.
9. Loads and pushes clean and soiled laundry carts.
10. Performs daily housekeeping in Residents' rooms - straighten room, organize bedside tables and dressers, wipe spills, etc.
11. Answers call lights promptly.
12. Serves Resident meals as needed.
13. Reports any identified verbal or written changes in medical condition to supervisor.
14. Measures and records temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, weight and height as instructed.
15. Ensures that activity programming is continued in the absence of the Life Stories Director or Life Stages Coordinator.
16. Conducts tours in absence of management team members.
17. Attends all required in-service training sessions and orientations.
18. Respects Residents’ rights, dignity and privacy.
19. Ensures Resident dignity and respect by using techniques learned in Memory Care Training to minimize Residents stress and maximize cooperation through dignity and empathy.
20. Responds to Residents' requests.
2. CPR mask or ambu bag
3. Emergency oxygen equipment
4. Medication equipment (i.e., syringes, vials, etc.)
7. Computer and MOVE N software
8. Nurse Call System
9. Wander Management System
10. Various Lifting and Transfer Equipment
Prior experience in the care of elderly is preferred.
Home Health Care or Certified Nurses Aide certificate is preferred. CPR or first aid certificates preferred.