Resident Wellness Associate
Magnolias of Lancaster
- Part Time
- 1st Shift (7AM to 3 PM)
- 16+ Hours Per Pay Cycle & Pick Up Shifts
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Reports To:||Resident Wellness Director|
|Desired Education Level:||High school graduate, GED or active registry status on the Pennsylvania nurse aide registry is required.|
Assists Residents with all daily life functions (ADL’s: hygiene, bathing, dressing, grooming, ambulating, etc.) in a friendly and courteous manner, ensuring dignity and respect, by using techniques learned in Life Stories Training to minimize Resident stress and maximize cooperation through dignity and empathy. Ensures staff follow through is the same in absence of Life Stories Director or Life Stages Coordinator to include activity programming. Provides assistance and support to other Resident Wellness Associates to ensure task completion and teamwork. Completes documentation clearly and accurately in Resident records and Move N.
The employee must be able to perform these essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation by IntegraCare Corporation without posing a direct threat to self or others.
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude, demonstrates impeccable ethics and integrity.
2. Ambulates or assists in ambulation of the Residents to and from activities, dining room or other locations as needed.
3. Assists with or performs personal hygiene tasks - brush teeth, comb hair, shave, etc.
4. Transfers or assists Residents from bed to chair, chair to commode, etc.
5. Lifts residents as needed.
6. Bathes, dresses, toilets Residents requiring assistance.
7. Changes bed linens and towels per residence schedules and as needed.
8. Launders Residents' personal laundry per schedule.
9. Loads and pushes clean and soiled laundry carts.
10. Performs daily housekeeping in Residents' rooms - straighten room, organize bedside
tables and dressers, wipe spills, etc.
11. Answers call lights promptly.
12. Serves Resident meals as needed.
13. Reports any identified verbal or written changes in medical condition to supervisor.
14. Measures and records temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, weight and height as instructed.
15. Ensures that activity programming is continued in the absence of the Life Stories Director or Life Stages Coordinator.
16. Conducts tours in absence of management team members.
17. Attends all required in-service training sessions and orientations.
18. Respects Residents’ rights, dignity and privacy.
19. Ensures Resident dignity and respect by using techniques learned in Memory Care Training to minimize Residents stress and maximize cooperation through dignity and empathy.
20. Responds to Residents' requests.
2. CPR mask or ambu bag
3. Emergency oxygen equipment
4. Medication equipment (i.e., syringes, vials, etc.)
7. Computer and MOVE N software
8. Nurse Call System
9. Wander Management System
10. Various Lifting and Transfer Equipment
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities - Ability to provide quality assistance to Residents in a professional and caring manner is required. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is required. The ability to exercise good judgment and make confident ethical decisions is essential. Must be able to effectively manage time in order to complete multiple tasks. Must possess computer skills. Requires frequent lifting of Residents, bending, stretching, standing, and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Education - High school graduate, GED or active registry status on the Pennsylvania nurse aide registry is required.
- Experience - Prior experience in the care of elderly is preferred.
- Certificates/Licenses - Home Health Care or Certified Nurses Aide certificate is preferred. CPR or first aid certificates preferred.
- Note - Pennsylvania Personal Care Home regulations require a minimum age of 18 for this position, no exceptions granted
Ability to provide quality assistance to Residents in a professional and caring manner is required. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is required. The ability to exercise good judgment and make confident ethical decisions is essential. Must be able to effectively manage time in order to complete multiple tasks. Must possess computer skills. Requires frequent lifting of Residents, bending, stretching, standing and walking for extensive periods of time.