Safety and Maintenance Associate
Hunter's Woods at Trails Edge
- All Available Shifts | FT | PT
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Departmental Accountabilities:||Safety & Maintenance|
|Reports To:||Safety & Maintenance Engineer|
|Desired Education Level:||High School|
Performs routine maintenance and repair of residence, maintaining physical appearance of the grounds and building as well as ensuring that the building is physically sound and safe. Works with outside contractors as needed.
1. Performs all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude.
2. Performs routine maintenance of residence property and grounds.
3. Performs routine maintenance and repair on the residence equipment.
4. Ensures work area is free of hazardous conditions.
5. Attends all required in-service trainings and/or orientations.
6. Follows all established safety procedures and precautions when performing maintenance service.
7. Adheres to company guidelines and standards pertaining to maintenance and safety (as outlined in the COSM and/or Continuous Quality Improvement standards), and maintains all required record keeping of such.
8. Replaces burned out light bulbs for exit lights, overhead lights, room call lights, etc.
9. Maintains preventive maintenance schedules.
10. Assists with ordering and maintaining proper inventory levels of maintenance supplies.
11. Works with all outside vendors working in and around building and grounds, including landscaping, building renovations, HVAC repairs and inspections, elevator repairs and inspections, etc.
12. May act as contact person for vendors performing maintenance jobs.
13. Responds to Residents' requests.
14. Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
1. Lawn mower and other yard equipment
2. Assorted work tools
3. Industrial size vacuum and/or floor buffer.
A. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Requires the skill to perform maintenance functions on the building and grounds. The ability to develop and follow preventive maintenance schedules and safety standards is essential. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is essential. Requires frequent heavy lifting, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and stretching. Requires moving of heavy furniture, equipment and boxes.
High school graduate, GED or active registry status on the Pennsylvania nurse aide registry is required.
One or more years of maintenance experience is required, preferably in the health care industry.
HVAC certificate preferred. Valid driver's license in the state employed is preferred.
Note: Pennsylvania Personal Care Home regulations require a minimum age of 18 for this position.