The Woods at Cedar Run
(Camp Hill, PA)
- FT-Unit Clerk-9am-5pm
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Reports To:||Resident Wellness Director|
|Desired Education Level:||High School|
Develops and utilizes system for team member scheduling to budget, and replaces team members for call-offs. Tracks, utilizes and communicates team member qualifications relative to CPR/First Aide and Medication Administration Training to facilitate scheduling to DPW regulations and Departmental needs. Performs majority of Departmental data entry function relative to Move N operational software program. Maintains departmental “tracking” tools necessary for compliance with DPW Regulations. Performs data entry function related to maintaining current RASP’s for Residents. Communicates with families concerning scheduling of appointments, need for supplies, and support plan meetings with DRCS. Establishes and contributes to the maintenance of Resident health care medical record, and the organization and communication flow of the Department.
The employee must be able to perform these essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation without posing a direct threat to self or others.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude.
- Answers telephone in Wellness Center. Documents and facilitates communication flow and follow through.
- Schedules and re-schedules team members with regard to budget, Resident and Departmental needs, consistent with Staff Qualification (CPR/First Aid and MA training credentials).
- Performs data entry relative to team member schedule and updates.
- Maintains tools for tracking CPR/First Aid and MA Training credentials, and licensed staff licensure.
- Monitors and maintains TB testing records and Hepatitis B vaccination records for all team members.
- Monitors and maintains TB testing records for Residents, as needed.
- Assists with scheduling and follow through on Departmental Orientation, General Orientation and on-line education and training for departmental team members.
- Maintains Departmental tracking for Resident DME’s, ICC Functional Assessments, RASP’s, Quarterly Medication Assessment for Self-Administration.
- Sends out and tracks follow through of DME (Resident Medical Evaluation) paperwork with physicians. Communicates issues with compliance to DRCS or family as necessary.
- Performs Move N data entry and documentation relative to Resident Incident Reports, Functional Assessment updates, Demographic Sheets, and Resident Communication and Notes as needed.
- Initiates and maintains Resident Medical Record to standards and regulatory requirements and facilitates orderly and routine maintenance during off-shifts as necessary. Provides all tracking updates to ED and DRCS.
- Notifies Resident families for Departmental support to coordinate transportation for medical appointments, medical supplies procurement, and scheduling Assessment and Support Plan reviews with the DR
- Schedules routine and incidental medical appointments for Residents, and coordinates transportation as necessary.
- Exchanges information with health professionals regarding Residents’ concerns/needs.
- Audits discharge records for proper documentation in the progress notes, completion of the inventory of personal effects and completion at the bottom of the Resident Demographic Form. Closes all discharge records in accordance with ICC COSM standards and provides to the BOM for consolidation with the Business Record.
- Completes inventory and orders supplies weekly.
- Attends required in-service trainings and orientations and assists BOM with assuring attendance from the RC team members.
- Takes minutes and attendance during departmental staff meetings and provides to BOM for tracking
- Organizes and keeps current any and all RC bulletin boards and Resident status posting boards.
- Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
- Responds to Residents’ requests.
- Completes other departmental duties as assigned.
- Windows Software, PC and web-based Operational Applications
- Telephone, Walkie, Pager
- Copy machine, Fax machine,
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The ability to communicate professionally and effectively in English, both orally and in writing, is required. Must have and display keen judgment regarding use and protection of confidential information concerning departmental operation, as well as Resident and team member issues. Solid office organizational skills and computer software utilization are a must. May require frequent lifting, bending, stretching, kneeling, standing or sitting for extended periods of time.
High school graduate, GED or active registry status on the Pennsylvania / Maryland nurse aide registry is required.
Prior experience in the care of the elderly is preferred. Previous clerical & administrative experience in a fast-paced health care setting required. Familiarity with medical terminology strongly preferred.
IntegraCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer