Certified Nursing Assistant
Candle Light Cove
- All Shifts - Flexible Schedule
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Departmental Accountabilities:||Resident Care, Pathways Program|
|Reports To:||Director of Resident Care Services, Pathways Director & Charge Nurse|
|Desired Education Level:||BA|
Assist Residents with daily life functions such as bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, etc. Assist in ambulation of Residents to and from activities, dining room and other locations as needed. Completes documentation clearly and accurately in Resident records and Move N.
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude, demonstrates impeccable ethics and integrity.
2. Ambulates or assists in ambulation of the Residents to and from activities, dining room or other locations as needed.
3. Assists with or performs personal hygiene tasks - brush teeth, comb hair, shave, etc.
4. Transfers or assists Residents from bed to chair, chair to commode, etc.
5. Lifts residents as needed.
6. Bathes, dresses, toilets Residents requiring assistance.
7. Changes bed linens and towels per residence schedules and as needed.
8. Launders Residents' personal laundry per schedule.
9. Loads and pushes clean and soiled laundry carts.
10. Performs daily housekeeping in Residents' rooms - straighten room, organize bedside tables and dressers, wipe spills, etc.
11. Answers call lights promptly.
12. Serves Resident meals as needed.
13. Reports any identified verbal or written changes in medical condition to supervisor.
14. Measures and records temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, weight and height as instructed.
15. Conducts tours in absence of management team members.
16. Attends all required in-service training sessions and orientations.
17. Respects Residents’ rights, dignity and privacy.
18. Responds to Residents' requests & attends to Resident’s needs promptly
2. CPR mask or ambu bag
3. Emergency oxygen equipment
4. Medication equipment (i.e., syringes, vials, etc.)
7. Computer and MOVE N software
8. Nurse Call System
9. Wander Management System
10. Various Lifting and Transfer Equipment
A. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to provide quality assistance to Residents in a professional and caring manner is required. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is required. The ability to exercise good judgment and make confident ethical decisions is essential. Must be able to effectively manage time in order to complete multiple projects/tasks. Must possess computer skills. Requires frequent lifting of Residents, bending, stretching, standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
Completion of a Maryland approved Certified Nursing Assistant Program is required. A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
Prior experience in the care of elderly is preferred.
Current Maryland Certified Nursing Assistant certification is required.