The Woods at Cedar Run
(Camp Hill, PA)
- FT and PT Day Shift
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
Assists the Life Stages Director in providing active and passive, group and individual activities that enhance the mental, physical, spiritual and social needs of Residents and that allow Residents to continue playing an active role in society.
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demonstrates impeccable ethics and integrity.
2. Assists in the planning, developing, organizing and implementation of all residence activities.
3. Develops suggestions and ideas for improving and expanding the life stages program.
4. Establishes and maintains good community relations and contact with the community.
5. Assists in arranging transportation and escorts for Residents to and from outside community activities.
6. Assists in the recording and maintenance of activity participation records.
7. Prepares and posts up-to-date Reality Orientation Board on a regular basis.
8. Assists with maintaining the Volunteer Program.
9. Assists Residents with maintaining and operating the residence store.
10. Assists with maintaining adequate supplies per department budget.
11. Assists Residents to and from activities.
12. Assists with the quarterly newsletter.
13. Assists Life Stages Director/Coordinator with posting monthly, weekly and daily activity schedules.
14. Assists Life Stages Director/Coordinator with Resident Life Stories.
15. Conducts tours in absence of management team members.
16. Attends required in-service training sessions and orientations.
17. Responds to Residents' needs.
18. Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
2. Office Equipment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to assist in the development and implementation of activities is required. The ability to create interest in the activities and motivate Residents to participate daily is required. Creativity and motivational skills necessary. The ability to exercise good judgment and make confident ethical decisions is essential. Must be able to effectively manage time in order to complete multiple tasks. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is essential. Requires frequent bending, stretching, stooping and lifting.
High school graduate or GED required.
Previous experience in the recreational therapy or related field required. Gerontology experience is preferred.
A valid driver's license in the state of work is required, with no more than two moving violations in a three-year period as determined by insurance industry standards.
IntegraCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer