Resident Care Assistant/Activities Assistant
Newhaven Court at Clearview
- Casual 4pm-8pm Shift with Life Stories Residents
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Departmental Accountabilities:||Resident Care, Resident Activities|
|Reports To:||Resident Care Director, Activities Director|
|Desired Education Level:||High School|
Assist Residents with daily life functions such as bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, etc. Assist in ambulation of Residents to and from activities, dining room and other locations as needed.
Assists the Activities Director in providing active and passive, group and individual activities that enhance the mental, physical, spiritual and social needs of Residents and that allow Residents to continue playing an active role in society.
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude.
2. Ambulates or assists in ambulation of the Residents to and from activities, dining room or other locations as needed.
3. Transfers or assists Residents from bed to chair, chair to commode, etc.
4. Lifts residents and supplies as needed.
5. Bathes, dresses, toilets Residents requiring assistance.
6. Assists with or performs personal hygiene tasks - brush teeth, comb hair, shave, etc.
7. Changes bed linens and towels per residence schedules and as needed.
8. Launders Residents' personal laundry per schedule.
9. Loads and pushes clean and soiled laundry carts.
10. Performs daily housekeeping in Residents' rooms - straighten room, organize bedside tables and dressers, wipe spills, etc.
11. Answers call lights promptly.
12. Serves Resident meals as needed.
13. Reports any identified verbal or written changes in medical condition to supervisor.
14. Measures and records temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, weight and height as instructed.
15. Attends all required in-service training sessions and orientations.
16. Respects Residents’ rights, dignity and privacy.
17. Responds to Residents' requests.
1. Blood pressure cuff and sphygmomanometer
2. Wheel chair
3. Side rails/bed
4. Ice cap
5. Hot water bottle
7. Oxygen tank
A. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to assist in the development and implementation of activities is required. The ability to create interest in the activities and motivate Residents to participate daily is required. Creativity and motivational skills necessary. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is essential. Requires frequent bending, stretching, stooping and lifting.
Ability to provide quality assistance to Residents in a professional and caring manner is required. The ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing is required. Requires frequent lifting of Residents, bending, stretching, standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
High school graduate, GED or active registry status on the Pennsylvania nurse aide registry is required.
Previous experience in the recreational therapy or related field preferred. Gerontology experience is preferred.
A valid driver's license in the state of work is required, with no more than two moving violations in a three-year period as determined by insurance industry standards.
Note: Pennsylvania Personal Care Home regulations require a minimum age of 18 for this position.