Assistant Executive Operations Officer
Hunter's Woods at Trails Edge
|Departmental Accountabilities:||Hospitality Services, Safety and Maintenance, Life Stories /Life Stages/Styles, and Transportation|
|Reports To:||Executive Operations Officer|
|Desired Education Level:||A bachelor's degree in business or a health related field from an accredited university or an associate’s degree/60 credit hours from an accredited college/university or an RN or an LPN with one year of work experience in a related field or a Nursing Home Administrator license.|
Responsible for directing and overseeing the day-to-day functions of the Hospitality Services, Safety and Maintenance, Life Stories /Life Stages/Styles, and Transportation departments. Responsible for assuring ICC Distinctives are in place in all departments. Responsible for the operations of the Independent Living program. In conjunction with Executive Operations Office, operates the residence in accordance with current state and local standards, and in accordance with all ICC policies and procedures. Overall responsibility for financial performance required. Responsible for ensuring that the highest degree of quality care and customer service is provided at all times. Represents the residence in a professional manner, markets the residence to maintain a positive image and reputation with the community and to maintain occupancy at the highest possible level.
1. Performs all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude.
2. Ensures all ICC Distinctive programs are in place and meeting expectations in all departments. Programs included: Family & Friends, Personal Touch Program for Residents, Personal Touch Program for Employees, Reminiscence Screens, Community Pet Program, Aviaries, Juke Boxes, and Computer Lounge.
3. In conjunction with Executive Operations Officer, ensures the residence operates in accordance with all ICC policies and procedures, and state and local regulations.
4. Supervises directly the Hospitality Services, Safety and Maintenance, LifeStories/Life Stages, and Transportation Departments.
5. Reviews and approves all billings, payroll, benefits paperwork, payables processing and receivables processing. Assures bank deposits are made each business day.
6. Assure that all team members are offered and made aware of all benefit and company sponsored recognition programs. Schedules meetings for this purpose.
7. Reviews and approves Life Stages calendars, assuring Resident needs are met. Evaluates activities for effectiveness and works toward a vital and stimulating program.
8. Responsible for the Independent Living Program, including completion of Resident satisfaction surveys.
9. Ensures that all team members, Residents and visitors understand and abide by company policies and procedures, established safety regulations, smoking regulations, infection control standards, etc.
10. Promotes teamwork and leadership.
11. Develops and implements the “Ambassadors’ Program” and monitors the program to ensure success.
12. Establishes and maintains a cohesive management team.
13. Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the residence.
14. Drives the recruitment and selection of team members for the entire community and ensures adequate staffing at all times in conjunction with the Executive Operations Officer.
15. Provides guidance to department managers in counseling/disciplining employees.
16. Conducts and/or attends required in-service trainings.
17. Personally provides thorough and timely orientation to new team members.
18. Participates in daily stand up management meetings; conducts meeting in the absence of the Executive Operations Officer.
19. Acts as Executive Operations Office when Executive Operations Officer is absent.
20. Maintains positive relations with Residents and family members.
21. Participates in the needs assessment and relationship building with prospective Residents for move in, providing tours of the residence and an explanation of all services, programs and costs.
22. Reviews team member, Resident and other complaints and makes written reports of action taken.
23. Understands and utilizes all modules of Move N.
24. Meets with Executive Operations Officer at the start of each week to plan for the week; meets with Executive Operations Officer at the end of each week to review events/progress.
25. Participates in the manager-on-duty program.
26. Responds to Residents' requests.
27. Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
A. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The ability to handle multiple priorities, develop a cohesive management team, direct the overall operation of the residence and make business decisions on a daily basis is required in areas assigned or in the absence of the Executive Operations Officer. Must be knowledgeable in the business of providing long-term personal care, as well as current state and local long-term care standards. The ability to handle emergency situations calmly and competently is essential. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is essential. May require lifting, bending and standing for extended periods of time.
A bachelor's degree in business or a health related field from an accredited university or an associate’s degree/60 credit hours from an accredited college/university or an RN or an LPN with one year of work experience in a related field or a Nursing Home Administrator license.
Requires a minimum of four years experience in the health care field, with at least two years of managerial experience.
Licensed by Virginia Board of Long-Term Care Administrators as an Assisted Living Facility Administrator, or eligible for Administrator-in-training; Nursing Home Administrator license accepted; RN or LPN accepted. Certificates or education as indicated by state/federal regulatory agencies required. A valid driver's license in the state employed is preferred.
As part of our selection process, we utilize a Predictive Index Assessment to help guide us in hiring talent that strengths best align with our roles. Help us learn more about your personal and motivating factors by following the link below to take the Predictive Index Assessment. The assessment will take roughly 15 minutes:
IntegraCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer