Certified Nursing Assistant
The Residence at Colvin Run
(Great Falls, VA)
- Full and Part Time
- Various shifts: 6A-2P, 2P-10P, 10P-6A
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Departmental Accountabilities:||Wellness, Life Stories (Memory Care)|
|Reports To:||Resident Wellness Director|
|Desired Education Level:||Completion of a state approved Certified Nursing Assistant Program is required. A high school diploma or GED is required.|
Assists Residents with all daily life functions (ADL’s: hygiene, bathing, dressing, grooming, ambulating, etc.) in a friendly and courteous manner, ensuring dignity and respect, by using techniques learned in Life Stories Training to minimize Resident stress and maximize cooperation through dignity and empathy. Ensures staff follow through is the same in absence of LifeStories Director or Life Stages Director/Coordinator to include activity programming. Provides assistance and support to other RCA’s to ensure task completion and teamwork. Completes documentation clearly and accurately in Resident records and Move N.
The employee must be able to perform these essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation by IntegraCare Corporation without posing a direct threat to self or others.
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude, demonstrates impeccable ethics and integrity.
2. Ambulates or assists in ambulation of the Residents to and from activities, dining room or other locations as needed.
3. Assists with or performs personal hygiene tasks - brush teeth, comb hair, shave, etc.
Certified Nursing Associate – November 2018 2
4. Transfers or assists Residents from bed to chair, chair to commode, etc.
5. Lifts residents as needed.
6. Bathes, dresses, toilets Residents requiring assistance.
7. Changes bed linens and towels per residence schedules and as needed.
8. Launders Residents' personal laundry per schedule.
9. Loads and pushes clean and soiled laundry carts.
10. Performs daily housekeeping in Residents' rooms - straighten room, organize bedside tables and dressers, wipe spills, etc.
11. Answers call lights promptly.
12. Serves Resident meals as needed.
13. Reports any identified verbal or written changes in medical condition to supervisor.
14. Measures and records temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, weight and height as instructed.
15. Ensures that activity programming is continued in the absence of the Life Stories Director or Life Stages Director/Coordinator.
16. Conducts tours in absence of management team members.
17. Attends all required in-service training sessions and orientations.
18. Respects Residents’ rights, dignity and privacy.
19. Ensures Resident dignity and respect by using techniques learned in Life Stories Training to minimize Residents stress and maximize cooperation through dignity and empathy.
20. Responds to Residents' requests & attends to Resident’s needs promptly.
EQUIPMENT NECESSARY TO OPERATE TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
2. CPR mask or ambu bag
3. Emergency oxygen equipment
4. Medication equipment (i.e., syringes, vials, etc.)
7. Computer and MOVE N software
8. Nurse Call System
9. Wander Management System
10. Various Lifting and Transfer Equipment
A. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to provide quality assistance to Residents in a professional and caring manner is required. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is required. The ability to exercise good judgment and make confident ethical decisions is essential. Must be able to effectively manage time in order to complete multiple projects/tasks. Must possess computer skills. Requires frequent lifting of Residents, bending, stretching, standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
Completion of a state approved Certified Nursing Assistant Program is required. A high school diploma or GED is required.
Prior experience in the care of elderly is preferred.
Current state Certified Nursing Assistant certification is required.
Note: Must be at least 18 years of age.
The Residence at Colvin Run is a 62-unit Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Great Falls, VA. We are located in between Tysons Corner and Reston, VA. We work together to get to know our residents and their families, provide high quality care and engagement, and foster an environment with strong relationships and a sense of vitality.
We believe in taking care of our employees so they can care for the residents. We support a fun, team environment, where everyone makes a difference each day.
IntegraCare, our management company, is committed to creating an inclusive, positive and welcoming culture for all team members.
Our work environment includes:
- Flexible working hours
- Employee recognition programs
- Free meals
- Tuition reimbursement