LPN Nurse Supervisor
The Residence at Colvin Run
(Great Falls, VA)
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Departmental Accountabilities:||Wellness and when in charge of residence Life Stages Administration, Safety and Maintenance & Dining|
|Reports To:||Resident Wellness Director|
|Desired Education Level:||Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.|
Administers medication and coordinates medical needs of the Residents with physicians, Resident Wellness Director and family members. Observes, documents and reports significant changes in Residents' condition, recommending changes in care needs. Supervises Wellness team members, determines shift assignments, provides instruction to Wellness team members and ensures care is provided as instructed.
The employee must be able to perform these essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation by IntegraCare Corporation without posing a direct threat to self or others.
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude, demonstrates impeccable ethics and integrity.
2. Supports the Resident Wellness Director in ensuring that the Wellness Department follows all company policies and procedures.
3. Uses company tools systems and processes as established to ensure consistency in quality of Resident care, departmental operation, communication and safety.
4. Assists in the planning and exchange of information with other health professionals to assess Resident care needs.
5. Provides physical and emotional support to all Residents including administering medication, measuring and recording temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, etc.
6. Is in charge of shift; supervises Wellness team members; determines shift assignments, provides instruction to Wellness team members and ensures care is provided as instructed.
7. Ensures communication between shifts.
8. Provides corrective feedback and disciplines Wellness team members.
9. Participates in performance review process from the prospective of supervisor for Wellness team members.
10. Participates in the hiring process of Wellness team members.
11. Observes, documents and reports significant changes in Residents' conditions. Completes monthly summary to reflect Resident status.
12. Completes all requires electronic documentation in a timely manner in Move N.
13. Assists with Resident admissions, transfers and discharges.
14. Assists physician and Registered Nurse with specialized procedures as needed.
15. Facilitates Residents in getting to and from social, recreational or other functions.
16. Follows all company policies and state regulations regarding medication management to include receipt, storage, administration, disposition, destruction and documentation.
17. Verifies and stores medications upon receipt.
18. Accepts call-off from Wellness team members and when in charge of residence from hourly staff of all department; replaces call-offs and modifies schedule to ensure proper staffing.
19. Conducts and/or attends in-service training sessions and orientations.
20. Maintains current licensure, associated certifications, credentials and annual continuing educations requirements.
21. Assure Resident safety.
22. Complete Incident/Accident Reports as needed.
23. Conducts tours in absence of management team members.
24. Responds to Residents’ needs.
25. Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
2. CPR mask or ambu bag
3. Emergency oxygen equipment
4. Medication equipment (i.e., syringes, vials, etc.)
7. Computer and MOVE N software
8. Nurse Call System
9. Wander Management System
10. Various Lifting and Transfer Equipment
A. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of standard nursing practices, and state and local regulations is required. Knowledge of medical records maintenance and the ability to handle emergency situations calmly and competently are required. Supervisory skills necessary. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is required. The ability to exercise good judgment and make confident ethical decisions is essential. Must be able to effectively manage time in order to complete multiple projects/tasks. Must possess computer skills. May require frequent lifting, bending, stretching, and standing for long periods of time.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
One year prior clinical experience is preferred. Supervisory experience preferred.
Current LPN license, in good standing, in the state employed is required. CPR certification is required.
The Residence at Colvin Run is a 62-unit Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Great Falls, VA. We are located in between Tysons Corner and Reston, VA. We work together to get to know our residents and their families, provide high quality care and engagement, and foster an environment with strong relationships and a sense of vitality.
We believe in taking care of our employees so they can care for the residents. We support a fun, team environment, where everyone makes a difference each day.
IntegraCare, our management company, is committed to creating an inclusive, positive and welcoming culture for all team members.
Our work environment includes:
- Flexible working hours
- Employee recognition programs
- Free meals
- Tuition reimbursement