The Residence at Colvin Run
(Great Falls, VA)
- Full and Part Time
- Various shifts between 7A - 7P
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Desired Education Level:||A high school diploma or G.E.D. is required.|
Responsible for preparing residence meals in accordance with planned menus and sanitary regulations. Assists with the ordering and purchasing of food and food service supplies. Reviews dietary requirements of the Residents and assists in meeting dietary restrictions.
The employee must be able to perform these essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation by IntegraCare Corporation without posing a direct threat self or others.
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demonstrates impeccable ethics and integrity.
2. Prepares residence meals and special event food in accordance with sanitary regulations as well as ICC policies and procedures.
3. Prepares meals and in accordance with established menus, standard recipes, established inventories, portion control guidelines, ICC policies and procedures, and within sanitation regulations.
4. Prepares residence meals and special event food to be appetizing in appearance and taste.
5. Assists in ordering and purchasing food and food service supplies and assists in inventory.
6. Meets with food service personnel as needed to identify and correct problem areas and/or improvement of services.
7. Reviews the dietary requirements of each Resident on an on-going basis and assists in
Cuisineur – November 2018 2
planning for Residents’ diets.
8. Assures the stock level of staple and non-staple food and food service supplies are maintained at adequate levels at all times.
9. Assists in daily or scheduled cleaning duties in the kitchen/dining area.
10. Maintains portion control within food service delivery.
11. Maintains food production books and ensures that team members are recording every meal thoroughly and updating the book as necessary.
12. Ensures kitchen equipment is maintained in proper working condition.
13. Conducts tours in absence of management team members.
14. Attends required in-service trainings and orientations.
15. Responds to Residents’ requests.
16. Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
EQUIPMENT NECESSARY TO OPERATE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Ovens (convection and conventional)
3. Flat Top
6. Steam Kettle
7. Tilt Skillet
8. Steam Table
12. Microwave Oven
14. Dish Machine
A. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Requires the knowledge and skill to prepare residence meals that are appetizing in appearance and taste and meet Resident and ICC expectations. Must have the ability to work within the established food budget. The ability to exercise good judgment and make confident ethical decisions is essential. Must be able to effectively manage time in order to complete multiple tasks. Requires the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Requires frequent lifting, bending, stretching, stooping and standing for long periods of time.
A high school diploma or G.E.D. is required.
At least one year cooking experience required.
Sanitation License if required in county or state employed. Serve Safe Certification accepted in Virginia.
The Residence at Colvin Run is a 62-unit Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Great Falls, VA. We are located in between Tysons Corner and Reston, VA. We work together to get to know our residents and their families, provide high quality care and engagement, and foster an environment with strong relationships and a sense of vitality.
We believe in taking care of our employees so they can care for the residents. We support a fun, team environment, where everyone makes a difference each day.
IntegraCare, our management company, is committed to creating an inclusive, positive and welcoming culture for all team members.
Our work environment includes:
- Flexible working hours
- Employee recognition programs
- Free meals
- Tuition reimbursement