Dining Experience Director
Hunter's Woods at Trails Edge
|Departmental Accountabilities:||Dining Services|
|Reports To:||Executive Operations Officer|
|Desired Education Level:||Requires high school diploma or GED. Successful completion of a reputable course in food operation is preferred. A degree in culinary arts and management is ideal.|
Responsible for managing and directing the food service department in accordance with ICC policies and procedures and current state and local regulations. Reviews dietary requirements of Residents and ensures these needs are met. Performs purchasing and ordering of food, supplies and equipment. Plans and assists in preparation of special meals, party menus and special event menus.
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demonstrates impeccable ethics and integrity.
2. Ensures that the Dining Experience Department operates in accordance with all ICC policies and procedures, and with state and local regulations.
3. Coordinates food service programs and activities in conjunction with department heads.
4. Conducts and/or attends required in-service training and orientation.
5. Inspects the food service area for compliance with current applicable regulations at least weekly.
6. Purchases and orders food, supplies, equipment, etc.
7. Inventories and weighs incoming food and supplies.
8. Maintains a file of tested standard recipes to reflect menu cycles.
9. Ensures the kitchen, dining areas and food storage areas are maintained in accordance with health and sanitation requirements.
10. Ensures that resident meals are prepared and served per established menus and to the expectations of ICC and residents.
11. Ensures proper storage of food is maintained.
12. Assists in food preparation as needed.
13. Acts as scheduled Cuisineur for at least two days per week.
14. Presence during meal service is required and mandatory for two meals.
15. Works weekend coverage as required.
16. Develops and monitors adequate inventory control procedures.
17. Takes monthly inventory and reports results to ICC home office.
18. Maintains emergency supplies per state regulations.
19. Interviews and hires Dining Experience team members.
20. Evaluates Dining Experience team members and provides counseling and additional training as needed.
21. Determines adequate staffing needs, develops a work schedule and performs weekly timekeeping.
22. Must be adaptable, teachable and flexible in tasks and have exceptional time management and organizational skills.
23. Must be a team player and have the ability to mentor and coach other residence team members.
24. Self-motivated, proactive and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
25. Participates in the manager-on-duty program.
26. Responds to Residents' requests.
27. Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
A. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Requires the ability to manage and direct the food service department, including adhering to budgetary guidelines and maintaining proper inventory levels. Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of food preparation and kitchen operations. The ability to exercise good judgment and make confident ethical decisions is essential. Must be able to effectively manage time in order to complete multiple tasks. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is essential. Requires frequent lifting, bending, stretching and stooping.
Requires high school diploma or GED. Successful completion of a reputable course in food operation is preferred. A degree in culinary arts and management is ideal.
Requires a minimum of five years experience in the food service field, with a minimum of two years in a management capacity.
Current certificates and/or licenses as required by federal/state/local agencies.
E. Job Characteristics
This position requires confidence, independent action, initiative, a sense of urgency, and the ability to make decisions and take responsibility for them. A well-suited candidate can react and adjust quickly to changing conditions and come up with practical ideas for dealing with them. The style is purposeful, directed at getting things done quickly. There is a great deal of challenge and pressure, and people and problems must be handled with confidence and determination. The position requires a self-disciplined person who can handle details as long as they are only an intermittent aspect of the job, and not the primary responsibility. This job requires self-assurance and competitive drive. There is a strong demand for high quality, organized and repeatable results. The responsibilities are broad in scope, encompassing a wide variety of activities requiring rapid shifts in priorities. This is primarily a task-focused job, requiring a somewhat authoritative, directive leadership style that encourages results-driven, task-oriented collaboration.
As part of our selection process, we utilize a Predictive Index Assessment to help guide us in hiring talent that strengths best align with our roles. Help us learn more about your personal and motivating factors by following the link below to take the Predictive Index Assessment. The assessment will take roughly 15 minutes:
IntegraCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer