Dining Experience Server
Hunter's Woods at Trails Edge
- Occassional Part Time
- 7:30am-3:30am, 4pm-8pm
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Departmental Accountabilities:||Dining Experience|
|Reports To:||Director of Dining Experience|
|Desired Education Level:||High school diploma or GED|
Responsible for preparing dining room for meals by setting tables, folding napkins, filling water glasses, providing and refilling condiments. Assists in food preparation as needed. Serves meals to Residents in a courteous and professional manner and clears dishes from tables to kitchen. Removes soiled linens from tables and cleans and straightens dining room after meals.
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude, and demonstrates impeccable ethics and integrity.
2. Provides training to new wait staff.
3. Assures daily assignments are completed by wait staff and signed off on assignment sheets.
4. Assures dining room place settings and event displays are properly completed and completed in a timely manner.
5. Assists Department Manager in completing wait staff schedule.
6. Prepares and sets tables to include tablecloth and napkin placement, setting silverware and dishes, maintaining and setting condiments, filling water glasses, etc.
7. Assists with seating residents as needed.
8. Makes self knowledgeable of daily menu selections and provides this information to Residents.
9. Makes self knowledgeable of individual Resident dietary restrictions.
10. Prepares coffee and tea service.
11. Serves beverages and meals to Residents, and refills beverages as requested.
12. Clears dishes from table and takes them to kitchen/dishwashing station.
13. Changes soiled linens after meals.
14. Assists in pressing tablecloths and other dietary linens.
15. Cleans and straightens dining room after meals in preparation for next meal by vacuuming, straightening chairs and tables, re-filling condiments, folding napkins, washing furniture, etc.
16. Assists in maintaining clean kitchen and dining areas to include cleaning coffee station, microwave, refrigerator and straightening cabinets and flatware bin.
17. Has knowledge of and participates in the set up, preparation and clean up of special events.
18. Maintains resident dining board as changes occur.
19. Empties garbage as needed.
20. Restocks wait station.
21. Takes resident meal orders.
22. Communicates to Food Service Director any dietary constraints not adhered to by Residents, Resident feedback and other pertinent information or observations regarding dietary and food service.
23. Conducts tours in absence of management team members.
24. Attends all required in-service trainings and orientations.
25. Responds to Residents' requests.
26. Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
A. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Requires the knowledge of proper table setting and serving and the ability to follow such procedures. Requires the leadership skills to act as role model to wait staff. The ability to provide menu selection to Residents, follow individual dietary restrictions and take accurate orders is essential. The ability to exercise good judgment and make confident ethical decisions is essential. Must be able to effectively manage time in order to complete multiple tasks. Requires the ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing. Requires frequent heavy lifting, standing for extensive periods of time, bending, stooping and stretching.
A high school diploma or GED is required.
Two years prior experience in food service or waiting required.
Servers will have a more direct interaction with our residents, gathering their orders and ensuring their needs are met.
Runners will fulfill some of the similar tasks of a server, but their primary directive will be to ensure freshly prepared meals are delivered to our residents at their table in a timely manner.