Resident Wellness Director
Colonial Courtyard at Bedford
|Departmental Accountabilities:||Resident Care|
|Reports To:||Executive Director|
|Desired Education Level:||Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.|
Responsible for planning, organizing and directing the overall operation of the Resident Care Department in accordance with current state and local regulations, as well as with ICC policies and procedures. Assures that the care needs of all Residents are met and maintained according to physician orders and ICC standards. Participates in the interviewing and selection of Residents for admission, adjustments to care delivery/level and discharge. Responsible for the hiring of Resident Care team members, assignment of mentors and monitoring the work progress of new and existing Resident Care employees. Fosters a cohesive and collaborative work environment through mentorship and team member development.
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude, demonstrates impeccable ethics and integrity.
2. Ensures the Resident Care department operates in accordance with all ICC policies and procedures, federal, state and local regulations.
3. Assures all Resident Care employees demonstrate knowledge of Resident Rights, Memory Care Principles and Senior Living care giver roles.
4. Participates in the interviewing and selection of Residents for admission.
5. Assures that all requires documentation is completed prior to admission by all disciplines, following admission to the community will secure documentation in a timely manner utilizing requires forms and media (hard copy or electronic record).
6. Integrates and coordinates care with other disciplines, including physicians, community agencies and programs.
7. Reviews and addresses all Resident, family or team member concerns in a timely manner.
8. Participates and drives the recruitment, hiring and retention of qualifies Resident Care team members.
9. Utilizes in-service education and the performance review process to foster growth and development of team members.
10. Reviews staffing plan in conjunction with current level of care demands to assure adequate staffing levels are maintained.
11. Assures daily staffing needs are met and makes appropriate modifications as needed in a time sensitive manner.
12. Participates in the payroll process.
13. Develops, implements and maintains an effective department orientation program.
14. Assists with the marketing of the residence as needed, providing tours to include an explanation of the admission procedure.
15. Assumes leadership role in the absence of the Executive Director, acting as his/her designee.
16. Participates with other community leaders in manager-on-duty role and schedule.
17. Participates in General Orientation and annual training programming for all team members.
18. Provides direction, oversight and mentoring with a focus upon Resident Care team members.
19. Assures Resident safety.
20. Maintains current licensure, associated certifications, credentials and annual continuing educations requirements.
21. Must be adaptable, teachable and flexible in tasks and have exceptional time management and organizational skills.
22. Must be a team player and have the ability to mentor and coach other residence team members.
23. Self-motivated, proactive and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
24. Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
25. Responds to Residents' needs.
2. CPR mask or ambu bag
3. Emergency oxygen equipment
4. Medication equipment (i.e., syringes, vials, etc.)
7. Computer and MOVE N software
8. Nurse Call System
9. Wander Management System
10. Various Lifting and Transfer Equipment
A. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice, state and local regulations, and of common safety standards and precautions are required. The ability to effectively manage and direct the resident care department. Knowledge of medical records documentation and the ability to handle emergency situations calmly and competently are required. The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all residence personnel is essential. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is required. The ability to communicate in a mode or manner understood by the resident is required. The ability to exercise good judgment and make confident ethical decisions is essential. Must be able to effectively manage time in order to complete multiple projects/tasks. Must possess computer skills. May require frequent lifting, bending, stretching, and standing for long periods of time.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Five or more years experience in the long-term care industry required with supervisory experience.
Current LPN or RN license, in good standing, in the state employed is required. CPR certification required. Current driver's license in state employed is preferred.
E. Job Characteristics
This job requires connecting with people quickly in an outgoing, friendly manner. The use of persuasive communication skills to gain the interest and involvement of others in the work process is an important aspect of the job. An extreme sense of urgency is needed, combined with getting work done in complete, accurate detail and in accordance with company standards and policies. The motivation for this position comes from a strong sense of duty and a feeling of responsibility for completing work both quickly and correctly. A faster than average work pace is necessary combined with impatience for results. Follow-up of delegated work must be very thorough. Decision making will be done with the ideas and advice of others, but always carefully and cautiously within the guidelines of established company policy. Selling ideas to others and the ability to train, teach and motivate a team are strong aspects of this position. Change is an ongoing occurrence of this job and will be approached conservatively and with the support and guidance of management.
Help us learn more about your personal and motivating factors by following the link below to take the Predictive Index Assessment: