Executive Operations Officer
Magnolias of Lancaster
- Full Time
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Departmental Accountabilities:||Wellness, Administration, Dining Experiences, Safety & Maintenance, Hospitality Services, LifeStages, Community Integrations/Relations/Leasing|
|Reports To:||Director of Operations|
|Desired Education Level:||A bachelor's degree in business or a health related field from an accredited university|
Responsible for directing and overseeing the day-to-day functions of the community in accordance with current state and local standards, and in accordance with all ICC policies and procedures. Responsible for ensuring that the highest degree of quality care is provided at all times. Represents the community in a professional manner, markets the community to maintain a positive image and reputation with the local community and to maintain census at the highest possible level.
1. Performs all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude.
2. Ensures the community operates in accordance with all ICC policies and procedures, and state and local regulations.
3. Leads all aspects of community operations and demonstrates a thorough understanding of each operating department.
4. Ensures that all employees, Residents and visitors understand and abide by company policies and procedures, established safety regulations, smoking regulations, infection control standards, etc.
5. Oversees planning, developing, organizing and implementation of community programs and activities. Evaluates community programs and activities for effectiveness.
6. Assists departments in the use and administration of company and departmental policies and procedures.
7. Establishes and maintains a cohesive management team.
8. Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the community.
9. Assists in the recruitment and selection of employees, and ensures adequate staffing at all times.
10. Provides guidance to department managers in counseling/disciplining team members.
11. Conducts and/or attends required in-service trainings.
12. Conducts monthly benefit meetings for newly eligible team members during the first week of each month.
13. Personally provides thorough and timely orientation to new team members.
14. Reviews and interprets monthly financial statements.
15. Shares/communicates monthly P&L with department managers and involves them in annual budget process and utilizes budget spend down tolls and operates the community within the established budgetary parameters.
16. Ensures that bank deposits are made on a timely basis.
17. Manages accounts receivable in conjunction with Financial Services.
18. Manages resident funds.
19. Conducts daily morning management meetings.
20. Ensures that the community and grounds are maintained in a safe and clean manner for resident comfort and safety.
21. Reviews Accident/Incident reports and establishes an effective accident prevention program and case management system.
22. Maintains an adequate liaison with Residents and families.
23. Ensures that public information describing the services provided by the community is accurate and fully descriptive, and that a positive and productive marketing/admissions plan is in place at all times.
24. Participates in the sales process, providing tours of the residence and an explanation of the move in procedure.
25. Reviews and develops a plan of correction for deficiencies noted during survey inspections and provides a written copy to ICC.
26. Reviews team member, Resident and other complaints and makes written reports of action taken.
27. Participates in the manager-on-duty program.
28. Responds to Residents' requests.
29. Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
A. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The ability to handle multiple priorities, develop and lead a cohesive management team, direct the overall operation of the residence and make business decisions on a daily basis is required. Must be knowledgeable in the business of providing long-term personal care, as well as current state and local long-term care standards. The ability to handle emergency situations calmly and competently is essential. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is essential. May require lifting, bending and standing for extended periods of time.
A bachelor's degree in business or a health related field from an accredited university
Four or more years of proven leadership experience in the Healthcare, Human Services or Social Services field, at least two of which are in an Administrator/Executive Director capacity
A Personal Care Home License as an Administrator is preferred; Nursing Home Administrator license accepted; RN or LPN accepted. Certificates or education as indicated by state/federal regulatory agencies required. A valid driver's license in the state employed is preferred.
E. Job Characteristics:
The key to this position is an outgoing, friendly, genial interaction with a wide range of people. In this job, it is very important to connect with other people, to meet new and different people on a day-to-day basis, to quickly form relationships, and to use those relationships to get work done. This job requires great attentiveness to other people; the ability to read other people, to listen to them, and to empathize with them. The work centers on working with and through other people. Communication is almost always a "selling" rather than a "telling" nature. A lively enthusiasm is necessary. Personal interactions will generally be upbeat and cheerful, requiring someone who is warm, helpful, and friendly. Others must be put at ease, and feel welcome. A faster-than-average pace will be the norm for this position. There will be a fair degree of variety from one day to the next, especially with regard to personal interactions. There will be several "pots on the fire" at once, therefore the job requires one to shift from task to task quickly, and maintain a strong sense of urgency to keep everything going smoothly. Personal involvement with detail is not the major focus of the job. Rather, the detailed aspects will generally be delegated to others, with only a moderate amount of follow up required. The same easy-going, informal manner that is required of personal interactions carries over into any work products.
As part of our hiring process, help us learn more about your personal and motivating factors by following the link below to take the Predictive Index Assessment. Please allow yourself 15-20 minutes to complete:
IntegraCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer