Executive Operations Officer
The Pines of Mount Lebanon
|Departmental Accountabilities:||Wellness, Administration, Dining Experiences, Safety & Maintenance, Hospitality Services, LifeStages, Community Integrations/Relations/Leasing|
|Reports To:||Director of Operations|
|Desired Education Level:||A bachelor's degree in business or a health related field from an accredited university|
Responsible for directing and overseeing the day-to-day functions of the community in accordance with current state and local standards, and in accordance with all ICC policies and procedures. Responsible for ensuring that the highest degree of quality care is provided at all times. Represents the community in a professional manner, markets the community to maintain a positive image and reputation with the local community and to maintain census at the highest possible level.
1. Performs all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude.
2. Ensures the community operates in accordance with all ICC policies and procedures, and state and local regulations.
3. Leads all aspects of community operations and demonstrates a thorough understanding of each operating department.
4. Ensures that all employees, Residents and visitors understand and abide by company policies and procedures, established safety regulations, smoking regulations, infection control standards, etc.
5. Oversees planning, developing, organizing and implementation of community programs and activities. Evaluates community programs and activities for effectiveness.
6. Assists departments in the use and administration of company and departmental policies and procedures.
7. Establishes and maintains a cohesive management team.
8. Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the community.
9. Assists in the recruitment and selection of employees, and ensures adequate staffing at all times.
10. Provides guidance to department managers in counseling/disciplining team members.
11. Conducts and/or attends required in-service trainings.
12. Conducts monthly benefit meetings for newly eligible team members during the first week of each month.
13. Personally provides thorough and timely orientation to new team members.
14. Reviews and interprets monthly financial statements.
15. Shares/communicates monthly P&L with department managers and involves them in annual budget process and utilizes budget spend down tolls and operates the community within the established budgetary parameters.
16. Ensures that bank deposits are made on a timely basis.
17. Manages accounts receivable in conjunction with Financial Services.
18. Manages resident funds.
19. Conducts daily morning management meetings.
20. Ensures that the community and grounds are maintained in a safe and clean manner for resident comfort and safety.
21. Reviews Accident/Incident reports and establishes an effective accident prevention program and case management system.
22. Maintains an adequate liaison with Residents and families.
23. Ensures that public information describing the services provided by the community is accurate and fully descriptive, and that a positive and productive marketing/admissions plan is in place at all times.
24. Participates in the sales process, providing tours of the residence and an explanation of the move in procedure.
25. Reviews and develops a plan of correction for deficiencies noted during survey inspections and provides a written copy to ICC.
26. Reviews team member, Resident and other complaints and makes written reports of action taken.
27. Participates in the manager-on-duty program.
28. Responds to Residents' requests.
29. Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
A. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The ability to handle multiple priorities, develop and lead a cohesive management team, direct the overall operation of the residence and make business decisions on a daily basis is required. Must be knowledgeable in the business of providing long-term personal care, as well as current state and local long-term care standards. The ability to handle emergency situations calmly and competently is essential. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is essential. May require lifting, bending and standing for extended periods of time.
A bachelor's degree in business or a health related field from an accredited university
Four or more years of proven leadership experience in the Healthcare, Human Services or Social Services field, at least two of which are in an Administrator/Executive Director capacity
A Personal Care Home License as an Administrator is preferred; Nursing Home Administrator license accepted; RN or LPN accepted. Certificates or education as indicated by state/federal regulatory agencies required. A valid driver's license in the state employed is preferred.
E. Job Characteristics
The focus of this job is on achieving results which are aligned with the larger picture of the organization and its strategic goals. Initiative, coupled with a sense of competitive drive, and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions, is the key to achieving the performance objectives of this job. Because environmental and organizational conditions change rapidly, the work involves innovation and creativity in generating ideas for quick response. Decision-making is focused on implementing practical, timely solutions. The job requires getting things done quickly and handling a variety of activities. Self-assurance, and the confidence to purposely drive toward results while constantly problem-solving and engaging the commitment of others is essential. A leadership style that is firm and goal oriented, and yet motivates, trains, and engages others in an enthusiastic way is important. The emphasis on building rapport and relationships with individuals and groups requires an outgoing, poised and persuasive communication style. Because the pace of the work is faster than average, the ability to learn quickly and thoroughly while continually recognizing and adapting to changing conditions is critical. The scope of the job may require effective delegation to proven people. Especially routine and repetitive details should be delegated but with responsibility for follow up and accountability for timely results. While the job requires the ability to act independently, a sense of urgency and the confidence to handle a variety of challenges, a full commitment to the success of the business and high standards of achievement are expected in this position. The emphasis is on results, and effective systems that achieve results through and with people, rather than on the details of implementation. The job environment is flexible, constantly changing and provides growth opportunity, recognition and reward for the achievement of business results.
Help us learn more about your personal and motivating factors by following the link below to take the Predictive Index Assessment: