Hospitality Associate (Housekeeper)
The Residence at Colvin Run
(Great Falls, VA)
- Full and Part Time, various shifts between 8AM - 6PM
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Desired Education Level:||High school graduate or GED is required.|
Responsible for cleaning Residents' rooms and community common areas including vacuuming, sweeping, dusting, polishing, mopping, disinfecting, etc. Discards waste into proper containers, replaces light bulbs and assists with any general hospitality duties necessary.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The employee must be able to perform these essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation by IntegraCare Corporation without posing a direct threat to self or others.
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demonstrates impeccable ethics and integrity.
2. Cleans community floors including vacuuming, sweeping, damp and or wet mopping, stripping wax, disinfecting, etc.
3. Cleans carpets and upholstery including vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, disinfecting, etc., as needed.
4. Cleans and or polishes furniture, fixtures, ledges, heating and cooling units in residents' rooms, common areas and offices.
5. Cleans, washes, polishes and sanitizes Resident and common area bathrooms.
6. Cleans windows and mirrors in Resident rooms and common areas.
7. Cleans walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting and spot cleaning.
8. Discards waste/trash into proper containers and re-lines trash receptacles.
9. Discards waste/trash into residence dumpster.
10. Cleans and properly stores equipment in designated areas after use.
11. Replaces light bulbs.
12. Maintains common area furniture in proper positions.
13. Maintains infection control standards of practice.
14. Conducts tours in absence of management team members.
15. Attends required in-service trainings and orientations.
16. Responds to Residents' requests.
17. Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
EQUIPMENT TO OPERATE AND PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Vacuum Cleaner
2. Carpet/Upholstery Extractor
3. Floor Care Equipment
4. Wet/Dry Vacuum
5. Hospitality Cart
6. Laundry Cart
9. Washing machine
A. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The ability to maintain a clean and neat environment is required. Knowledge of cleaning practices and substances is required. The ability to identify cleaning needs and safety hazards is required. The ability to exercise good judgment and make confident ethical decisions is essential. Must be able to effectively manage time in order to complete multiple tasks. The ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing is required. Requires frequent lifting, bending, stretching, kneeling and standing for extended periods of time.
High school graduate or GED is required.
Previous housekeeping experience in a health care or hospitality setting is preferred.
Note: Minimum age of 18 is required for this position.
The Residence at Colvin Run is a 62-unit Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Great Falls, VA. We are located in between Tysons Corner and Reston, VA. We work together to get to know our residents and their families, provide high quality care and engagement, and foster an environment with strong relationships and a sense of vitality.
We believe in taking care of our employees so they can care for the residents. We support a fun, team environment, where everyone makes a difference each day.
IntegraCare, our management company, is committed to creating an inclusive, positive and welcoming culture for all team members.
Our work environment includes:
- Flexible working hours
- Employee recognition programs
- Free meals
- Tuition reimbursement