Hospitality Executive Associate
The Woods at Cedar Run
(Camp Hill, PA)
- Full Time
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Departmental Accountabilities:||Housekeeping & Laundry|
|Reports To:||Executive Operations Officer|
|Desired Education Level:||High School Diploma/GED|
The responsibility of this position is managing specialized work efficiently, with confidence and competence. The position requires above average attention to details, concern for the exact correctness of work, and strong commitment to tasks completed on time. The person in this position will take work seriously, has a strong sense of duty, and is disciplined. A somewhat faster-than-average pace will be the norm for this position. Detailed, specialized work is the major focus. The person in this position will require clearly defined work, responsibilities, and reporting relationships, ongoing and thorough training opportunities to develop expertise and increase confidence, and frequently expressed appreciation of the person’s competence, conscientiousness, and loyalty. The position will provide security in a stable work environment, allowing the person to plan for, focus on and complete tasks on hand. When changes in the nature of the work occur, the person in this position will need direction, training and support. The position will generally be task oriented, requiring someone with a conservative, careful, and cautious approach to work.
The employee must be able to perform these essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation by IntegraCare Corporation without posing a direct threat to self or others.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude, demonstrates impeccable ethics and integrity.
- Ensures the hospitality department operates in accordance with ICC policies and procedures.
- Supervises Hospitality Associates and Hospitality Laundry Associate.
- Assess staffing needs and establishes a work schedule for hospitality department.
- Accepts call-offs from hospitality team members and replaces call-offs.
- Interviews, hires and trains hospitality team members.
- Ensures that the facility and laundry areas are maintained in a clean and safe manner, assuring appropriate caution/safety signs are used.
- Ensures that the laundry and linen supplies are readily available to meet the daily needs of the residents and facility.
- Coordinates the daily housekeeping/laundry services with the resident care department when performing routine cleaning assignments in resident living or recreational areas.
- Schedules indoor window cleaning at least twice a year.
- Schedules quarterly deep cleaning schedules.
- Assures that established infection control practices are maintained in housekeeping/laundry departments.
- Develops and maintains hospitality assignments and instructs hospitality team members accordingly.
- Provides corrective feedback to and disciplines hospitality team members.
- Completes performance reviews for hospitality team members.
- Assists in daily cleaning and laundry activities as needed.
- Purchases housekeeping and laundry supplies and maintains appropriate inventory.
- Conducts and/or attends required in-services and orientation.
- Must be adaptable, teachable and flexible in tasks and have exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to mentor and coach other residence team members.
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Responds to Residents' requests.
- Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
- Participates in the manager-on-duty program, to encompass working as a direct care worker when the needs of the community require such.
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Carpet/Upholstery Extractor
- Laundry Cart
- Washing Machine
- Floor Stripper
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The ability to manage and direct the housekeeping and laundry functions in accordance with ICC policies and procedures, and with state and local regulations is required. Knowledge of cleaning and laundering practices and techniques is required. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is required. The ability to exercise good judgment and make confident ethical decisions is essential. Must be able to effectively manage time in order to complete multiple tasks. Requires frequent lifting, stretching, bending and standing for long periods of time. Requires pushing of linen carts. Must possess computer skills for department schedules and placing orders.
High school graduate or GED is required.
Three to four years supervisory experience in the housekeeping/laundry field is required.