Hospitality / Laundry Associate
- All Available Shifts | FT | PT
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Reports To:||Director of Hospitality|
|Desired Education Level:||High School|
Responsible for cleaning Residents' rooms and residence common areas including vacuuming, sweeping, dusting, polishing, mopping, disinfecting, etc. Discards waste into proper containers, replaces light bulbs and assists with any general housekeeping duties necessary.
1. Performs all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude.
2. Cleans residence floors including vacuuming, sweeping, damp and or wet mopping, stripping wax, disinfecting, etc.
3. Cleans carpets including vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, disinfecting, etc.
4. Cleans and or polishes furniture, fixtures, ledges, heating and cooling units in residents' rooms, common areas and offices.
5. Cleans, washes, polishes and sanitizes Resident and common area bathrooms.
6. Cleans windows and mirrors in Resident rooms and common areas.
7. Cleans walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting and spot cleaning.
8. Discards waste/trash into proper containers and re-lines trash receptacles.
9. Discards waste/trash into residence dumpster.
10. Cleans and properly stores equipment after use.
11. Replaces light bulbs.
12. Maintains common area furniture in proper positions.
13. Maintains infection control standards of practice.
14. Attends required in-service trainings and orientations.
15. Responds to Residents' requests.
16. Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
1. Vacuum Cleaner
2. Carpet Steam Cleaner
5. Laundry Cart
A. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The ability to maintain a clean and neat environment is required. Knowledge of cleaning practices and substances is required. The ability to identify cleaning needs and safety hazards is required. The ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing is required. Requires frequent lifting, bending, stretching, kneeling and standing for extended periods of time.
High school graduate, GED or active registry status on the Pennsylvania nurse aide registry is required.
Previous housekeeping experience in a health care or hospitality setting is preferred.
Note: Pennsylvania Personal Care Home regulations require a minimum age of 18 for this position.