LPN Charge Nurse
- Full-Time, 7a-3p
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Reports To:||Director of Wellness|
|Desired Education Level:||LPN|
Administers medication and coordinates medical needs of the Residents with physicians, Resident
Wellness Director and family members. Observes, documents and reports significant changes in
Residents' condition, recommending changes in care needs. Supervises Wellness team members
determines shift assignments, provides instruction to Wellness team members and ensures care is
provided as instructed.
The employee must be able to perform these essential functions with or without reasonable
accommodation by IntegraCare Corporation without posing a direct threat to self or others.
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude, demonstrates impeccable
ethics and integrity.
2. Supports the Resident Wellness Director in ensuring that the Wellness Department follows
all company policies and procedures.
3. Uses company tools systems and processes as established to ensure consistency in quality
of Resident care, departmental operation, communication and safety.
4. Assists in the planning and exchange of information with other health professionals to
assess Resident care needs.
5. Provides physical and emotional support to all Residents including administering medication,
measuring and recording temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, etc.
6. Is in charge of shift; supervises Wellness team members; determines shift assignments,
provides instruction to Wellness team members; ensures care is provided as instructed.
7. Ensures communication between shifts.
8. Provides corrective feedback and disciplines Wellness team members.
9. Participates in performance review process from the prospective of supervisor for Wellness
10. Participates in the hiring process of Wellness team members.
11. Observes, documents and reports significant changes in Residents' conditions. Completes
monthly summary to reflect Resident status.
12. Completes all requires electronic documentation in a timely manner in Move N.
13. Assists with Resident admissions, transfers and discharges.
14. Assists physician and Registered Nurse with specialized procedures as needed.
15. Facilitates Residents in getting to and from social, recreational or other functions.
16. Follows all company policies and state regulations regarding medication management to
include receipt, storage, administration, disposition, destruction and documentation.
17. Verifies and stores medications upon receipt.
18. Accepts call-off from Wellness team members and when in charge of residence from hourly
staff of all department; replaces call-offs and modifies schedule to ensure proper staffing.
19. Conducts and/or attends in-service training sessions and orientations.
20. Maintains current licensure, associated certifications, credentials and annual continuing
21. Assure Resident safety.
22. Complete Incident/Accident Reports as needed.
23. Conducts tours in absence of management team members.
24. Responds to Residents’ needs.
25. Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.ssess Resident care needs.
2. CPR mask or ambu bag
3. Emergency oxygen equipment
4. Medication equipment (i.e., syringes, vials, etc.)
7. Computer and MOVE N software
8. Nurse Call System
9. Wander Management System
10. Various Lifting and Transfer Equipment
A. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of standard nursing practices, and state and local regulations is required.
Knowledge of medical records maintenance and the ability to handle emergency situations
calmly and competently are required. Supervisory skills necessary. The ability to
communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is required. The ability to
exercise good judgment and make confident ethical decisions is essential. Must be able to
effectively manage time in order to complete multiple projects/tasks. Must possess computer
skills. May require frequent lifting, bending, stretching, and standing for long periods of time
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
One year prior clinical experience is preferred. Supervisory experience preferred.
Current Maryland LPN license in good standing.