The Pines of Mount Lebanon
- Full and Part Time to include every other weekend
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Departmental Accountabilities:||Medication Administration|
|Reports To:||Resident Wellness Director|
|Desired Education Level:||High School Diploma/GED|
The Pines of Mount Lebanon has IMMEDIATE openings for seasoned Medication Technicians for a one-of-a-kind program that specializes in the treatment of seniors with diabetes. As a member of this ELITE team, you will receive training not offered anywhere else. You will also receive pay increases as you learn! You are invited to be a part of something VERY special. If you have a desire to learn more about and serve those with diabetes, then APPLY TODAY.
We have limited full and part-time positions available for qualified professionals who will receive a special Welcome Package that includes: $1000 in bonus incentives, 2 FREE uniforms, FREE meals, 1000 points in your “Bonusly” bank (a $100 value) and one PAID DAY OFF in your PTO bank on your first day!
**The Pines of Mount Lebanon is leading the way and doing our part to keep our team and residents safe by "stopping the spread" of COVID by mandating all team members receive the COVID vaccine. If you are not yet vaccinated we will gladly arrange this for you!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, free employee meals, and you can get paid daily through DailyPay.
- Electronic MAR proficiency
- Administration of various types of medications including: pills, liquids, drops, topical ointments, inhalers
- Monitor resident vital signs as ordered by physician.
- Monitor residents for signs and symptoms of medication side effects.
- Monitor blood glucose and other complications that result from TYPE 1 and TYPE 2 diabetes
- Ensure medication cart is well stocked and maintained in accordance with regulatory and company standards.
- Ensure controlled substances are monitored in accordance with regulatory standards.
Re-order medications as permitted
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude, demonstrates impeccable ethics and integrity.
2. Prepares, administers and charts oral, topical and suppository drugs.
3. Administers drugs only with a written order.
4. Performs pulse and blood pressure measurements.
5. Administers insulin and performs capillary glucose monitoring following completion of certification by a Certified Diabetic Educator.
6. Signs and has access to the controlled schedule drug cabinet.
7. In absence of Charge Nurse Supervisor, may take call-offs when assigned.
8. Makes pertinent observations and documents changes in the Residents' condition and reports them to the Charge Nurse Supervisor, Resident Wellness Director or Life Stories
9. Assists with admissions, discharges and transfer procedures.
10. Attends required in-service trainings and orientations.
11. Returns drugs to pharmacy for credit. Disposes of outdated and discontinues medications properly and in accordance with ICC policy and DEP regulations.
12. Completes all required electronic documentation in a timely manner in Move N.
13. Sends pharmacy orders on fax machine.
14. Works as Resident Wellness Associate as directed by the Resident Wellness Director, Charge Nurse Supervisor or Life Stories Director.
15. Ensures that activity programming is continued in the absence of the Life Stories Director.
16. Conducts tours in absence of management team members.
17. Responds to Residents' requests.
18. Respects Residents’ rights, dignity and privacy.
19. Ensures Resident dignity and respect by using techniques learned in Memory Care Training
to minimize Residents stress and maximize cooperation through dignity and empathy.
2. CPR mask or ambu bag
3. Emergency oxygen equipment
4. Medication equipment (i.e., syringes, vials, etc.)
7. Computer and MOVE N software
8. Nurse Call System
9. Wander Management System
10. Various Lifting and Transfer Equipment
Must present documentation of successful completion of Medication Administration Training prior to first day of employment.
IntegraCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer