The Residence at Fitz Farm
- Full Time and Part Time Hours Available
- Morning, Afternoon and Overnight Shifts Available
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Wellness, LifeStories Program
|Resident Wellness Director, Charge Nurse/LPN Supervisor & Life Stories Director
|Desired Education Level:
|High school graduate, GED or active registry status on the Pennsylvania nurse aide registry is required.
Responsible for preparing, administering and charting oral, topical and suppository drugs. Performs pulse and blood pressure measurements and administers PRN drugs as directed. Assists with admission, discharge and transfer procedures. Completes documentation clearly and accurately in the Medication Administration Record, Controlled Substance and Destructions logs, Resident Records and Move N. Ensures dignity and respect by using techniques learned in Life Stories Training to minimize Resident stress and maximize cooperation through dignity and empathy.
The employee must be able to perform these essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation by IntegraCare Corporation without posing a direct threat to self or others.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude, demonstrates impeccable ethics and integrity.
- Prepares, administers and charts oral, topical and suppository drugs.
- Administers drugs only with a written order.
- Performs pulse and blood pressure measurements.
- Administers insulin and performs capillary glucose monitoring following completion of certification by a Certified Diabetic Educator.
- Signs and has access to the controlled schedule drug cabinet.
- In absence of Charge Nurse Supervisor, may take call-offs when assigned.
- Makes pertinent observations and documents changes in the Residents' condition and reports them to the Charge Nurse Supervisor, Resident Wellness Director or Life Stories Director.
- Assists with admissions, discharges and transfer procedures.
- Attends required in-service trainings and orientations.
- Returns drugs to pharmacy for credit. Disposes of outdated and discontinues medications properly and in accordance with ICC policy and DEP regulations.
- Completes all required electronic documentation in a timely manner in Move N.
- Sends pharmacy orders on fax machine.
- Works as Resident Wellness Associate as directed by the Resident Wellness Director, Charge Nurse Supervisor or Life Stories Director.
- Ensures that activity programming is continued in the absence of the Life Stories Director.
- Conducts tours in absence of management team members.
- Responds to Residents' requests.
- Respects Residents’ rights, dignity and privacy.
- Ensures Resident dignity and respect by using techniques learned in Memory Care Training to minimize Residents stress and maximize cooperation through dignity and empathy.