Certified Medication Associate
Glen Mills Senior Living
(Glen Mills, PA)
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Reports To:||Director of Wellness|
|Desired Education Level:||High School Diploma/GED|
Responsible for preparing, administering and charting oral, topical and suppository drugs. Performs
pulse and blood pressure measurements and administers PRN drugs as directed. Assists with
admission, discharge and transfer procedures. Completes documentation clearly and accurately in
the Medication Administration Record, Controlled Substance and Destructions logs, Resident
Records and Move N. Ensures dignity and respect by using techniques learned in Life Stories
Training to minimize Resident stress and maximize cooperation through dignity and empathy.
The employee must be able to perform these essential functions with or without reasonable
accommodation by IntegraCare Corporation without posing a direct threat to self or others.
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude, demonstrates impeccable
ethics and integrity.
2. Prepares, administers and charts oral, topical and suppository drugs.
3. Administers drugs only with a written order.
4. Performs pulse and blood pressure measurements.
5. Administers insulin and performs capillary glucose monitoring following completion of
certification by a Certified Diabetic Educator.
6. Signs and has access to the controlled schedule drug cabinet.
7. In absence of Charge Nurse Supervisor, may take call-offs when assigned.
8. Makes pertinent observations and documents changes in the Residents' condition and
reports them to the Charge Nurse Supervisor, Resident Wellness Director or Life Stories
9. Assists with admissions, discharges and transfer procedures.
10. Attends required in-service trainings and orientations.
11. Returns drugs to pharmacy for credit. Disposes of outdated and discontinues medications
properly and in accordance with ICC policy and DEP regulations.
12. Completes all required electronic documentation in a timely manner in Move N.
13. Sends pharmacy orders on fax machine.
14. Works as Resident Wellness Associate as directed by the Resident Wellness Director,
Charge Nurse Supervisor or Life Stories Director.
15. Ensures that activity programming is continued in the absence of the Life Stories Director.
16. Conducts tours in absence of management team members.
17. Responds to Residents' requests.
18. Respects Residents’ rights, dignity and privacy.
19. Ensures Resident dignity and respect by using techniques learned in Memory Care Training
to minimize Residents stress and maximize cooperation through dignity and empathy.
A minimum of one year experience providing direct care to elderly in a long-term care
setting is required. Previous Medication Assistant experience in a health care setting
Certification as a Medication Associate through IntegraCare’s Medication Associate course
is required. Certification in insulin administration by a Certified Diabetic Educator is required.
Home Health Care or Certified Nurses Aid certificate is preferred. CPR or first aid