The Pines of Mount Lebanon
- Part Time
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Departmental Accountabilities:||Reception, Administration|
|Reports To:||Administrative Services Director|
|Desired Education Level:||High School|
Represents the residence in a professional, pleasant, courteous and accommodating manner to the community and general public. Responsible for meeting and greeting all visitors to the residence and directing them to the appropriate person/area. Directs all incoming phone calls to the appropriate party, and performs other clerical duties such as filing, typing, mail sorting, etc.
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude.
2. Handles all incoming phone calls in a professional and courteous manner and directs them to the appropriate personnel.
3. Greets guests and visitors in a professional and courteous manner and directs them accordingly.
4. Files correspondence.
5. Sorts mail.
6. Assures the menus are properly posted.
7. Assures the bulletin boards do not contain out-dated material.
8. Types correspondence as needed.
9. Coordinates front desk activities.
10. Maintains the front desk in a neat and orderly manner.
11. Responds to emergency situations by contacting appropriate party - 911, fire department, police, etc.
12. Attends required in-service trainings and orientations.
13. Responds to Residents' requests.
14. Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
1. Telephone/Reception switchboard
A. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must have knowledge of basic telephone reception systems and techniques. The ability to handle all incoming phone calls and visitors in a pleasant and courteous manner, provide clerical support and represent the residence in a professional manner is required. The ability to respond calmly to emergency situations is essential. The ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing is essential. May require some lifting, bending, stretching and stooping.
A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
Requires six months to one-year prior reception experience in an office environment. Typing or word processing experience is preferred.