Registered Medication Aide (Medication Technician)
The Residence at Colvin Run
(Great Falls, VA)
- Full Time, Night Shift and Part Time (and daytime Part Time)
- 10pm - 6am
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Wellness, Life Stories (Memory Care)
|Resident Wellness Director
|Desired Education Level:
|Completion of a state approved Medication Technician Training Program is required. Completion of a state approved Certified Nursing Assistant Program is required. A high school diploma or GED is required.
Responsible for preparing, administering and charting oral, topical and suppository drugs. Performs pulse and blood pressure measurements and administers PRN drugs as directed. Assists with admission, discharge and transfer procedures. Completes documentation clearly and accurately in the Medication Administration Record, Controlled Substance and Destructions logs, Resident Records and Move N. Ensures dignity and respect by using techniques learned in Life Stories Training to minimize Resident stress and maximize cooperation through dignity and empathy
The employee must be able to perform these essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation by IntegraCare Corporation without posing a direct threat to self or others.
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude, demonstrates impeccable ethics and integrity.
2. Prepares, administers and charts oral, topical and suppository drugs as prescribed.
3. Administers drugs only with a written order.
4. Performs pulse and blood pressure measurements.
5. Administers insulin and performs capillary glucose monitoring following completion of certification by a Certified Diabetic Educator.
6. Signs and has access to the controlled schedule drug cabinet.
7. Makes pertinent observations and documents changes in the residents' condition and reports them to the charge nurse or Resident Wellness Director.
8. Assists with admissions, discharges and transfer procedures.
9. Attends required in-service trainings and orientations.
10. Returns drugs to pharmacy for credit. Disposes of outdated and discontinues medications properly and in accordance with ICC policy and DEP regulations.
11. Completes all required electronic documentation in a timely manner in Move N.
12. Sends pharmacy orders on fax machine.
13. Performs other duties as directed by the Charge Nurse Supervisor as needed.
14. Conducts tours in absence of management team members.
15. Ensures that activity programming is continued in the absence of the Life Stories Director.
16. Responds to Residents' requests.
17. Respects Residents’ rights, dignity and privacy.
18. Responds to emergency calls and attends to Residents’ needs promptly.
EQUIPMENT NECESSARY TO OPERATE TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
2. CPR mask or ambu bag
3. Emergency oxygen equipment
4. Medication equipment (i.e., syringes, vials, etc.)
7. Computer and MOVE N software
8. Nurse Call System
9. Wander Management System
10. Various Lifting and Transfer Equipment
A. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The ability to prepare, administer and chart non-parenteral drugs as prescribed by a physician is required. The ability to exercise good judgment and make confident ethical decisions is essential. Must be able to effectively manage time in order to complete multiple tasks. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is required. May require lifting, bending and standing for long periods of time. Must possess computer skills.
Completion of a state approved Medication Technician Training Program is required. Completion of a state approved Certified Nursing Assistant Program is required. A high school diploma or GED is required.
One year of experience as a Certified Medication Technician is preferred.
Current state Medication Technician Certification is required. Current state Certified Nursing Assistant certification is required. Current Registered Medication Aide in Virginia.
Note: Must be at least 18 years of age.
The Residence at Colvin Run is a 62-unit Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Great Falls, VA. We are located in between Tysons Corner and Reston, VA. We work together to get to know our residents and their families, provide high quality care and engagement, and foster an environment with strong relationships and a sense of vitality.
We believe in taking care of our employees so they can care for the residents. We support a fun, team environment, where everyone makes a difference each day.
IntegraCare, our management company, is committed to creating an inclusive, positive and welcoming culture for all team members.
Our work environment includes:
- Flexible working hours
- Employee recognition programs
- Free meals
- Tuition reimbursement