Resident Wellness Director
|Reports To:||Executive Operations Officer|
|Desired Education Level:||Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.|
Responsible for planning, organizing and directing the overall operation of the Wellness Department in accordance with current state and local regulations, as well as with ICC policies and procedures. Assures that the care needs of all Residents are met and maintained according to physician orders and ICC standards. Participates in the interviewing and selection of residents for admission, adjustments to care delivery/level and discharge. Responsible for the hiring of Wellness team members, assignment of mentors and monitoring the work progress of new and existing Wellness employees. Works with the Delegating Nurse to ensure regulatory compliance and that all resident needs are being met. Fosters a cohesive and collaborative work environment through mentorship and team member development.
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude, demonstrates impeccable ethics and integrity.
2. Works with the Delegating Nurse to ensure the Wellness department operates in accordance with all ICC policies and procedures, federal, state and local regulations.
3. Assures all Wellness employees demonstrate knowledge of Resident Rights, Life Stories Principles and Assisted Living care giver roles.
4. Participates in the interviewing and selection of Residents for admission.
5. Assures that all required documentation is completed prior to admission by all disciplines, following admission to the community will secure documentation in a timely manner utilizing requires forms and media (hard copy or electronic record).
6. Works with the Delegating Nurse to develop service plans for each Resident to address care needs. Reviews and updates the plans upon change in condition and every 6 months.
7. Evaluates the effects of care delivered.
8. Observes and reports significant changes in Residents' condition, revising care plans as needed.
9. Integrates and coordinates care with other disciplines, including physicians, community agencies and programs.
10. Reviews and addresses all Resident, family or team member concerns in a timely manner.
11. Participates and drives the recruitment, hiring and retention of qualified Wellness Care team members.
12. Utilizes in-service education and the performance review process to foster growth and development of team members.
13. Reviews staffing plan in conjunction with current level of care demands to assure adequate staffing levels are maintained.
14. Assures daily staffing needs are met and makes appropriate modifications as needed in a time sensitive manner.
15. Participates in the payroll process.
16. Develops, implements and maintains an effective department orientation program.
17. Assists with the marketing of the residence as needed, providing tours to include an explanation of the admission procedure.
18. Assumes leadership role in the absence of the Executive Operations Officer, acting as his/her designee.
19. Participates with other community leaders in manager-on-duty role and schedule.
20. Participates in General Orientation and annual training programming for all team members.
21. Provides direction, oversight and mentoring with a focus upon Wellness team members.
22. Assures Resident safety.
23. Maintains current licensure, associated certifications, credentials and annual continuing educations requirements.
24. Must be adaptable, teachable and flexible in tasks and have exceptional time management and organizational skills.
25. Must be a team player and have the ability to mentor and coach other residence team members.
26. Self-motivated, proactive and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
27. Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
28. Responds to Residents' needs.
A. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice, state and local regulations, and of common safety standards and precautions are required. The ability to effectively manage and direct the resident care department. Knowledge of medical records documentation and the ability to handle emergency situations calmly and competently are required. The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all residence personnel is essential. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is required. The ability to exercise good judgment and make confident ethical decisions is essential. Must be able to effectively manage time in order to complete multiple projects/tasks. Must possess computer skills. May require frequent lifting, bending, stretching, and standing for long periods of time.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Five or more years experience in the long-term care industry required with supervisory experience.
Current state RN license, in good standing. Current driver's license in state employed is preferred. Approved by the state Board of Nursing as a Delegating RN.
E. Job Characteristics
This job requires connecting with people quickly in an outgoing, friendly manner. The use of persuasive communication skills to gain the interest and involvement of others in the work process is an important aspect of the job. An extreme sense of urgency is needed, combined with getting work done in complete, accurate detail and in accordance with company standards and policies. The motivation for this position comes from a strong sense of duty and a feeling of responsibility for completing work both quickly and correctly. A faster than average work pace is necessary combined with impatience for results. Follow-up of delegated work must be very thorough. Decision making will be done with the ideas and advice of others, but always carefully and cautiously within the guidelines of established company policy. Selling ideas to others and the ability to train, teach and motivate a team are strong aspects of this position. Change is an ongoing occurrence of this job and will be approached conservatively and with the support and guidance of management.
Help us learn more about your personal and motivating factors by following the link below to take the Predictive Index Assessment. The assessment will take roughly 15-20 minutes:
IntegraCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer