Resident Wellness Director
The Pines of Mount Lebanon
- Full Time
FT = Full Time | PT = Part Time | OPT = Occasional Part Time
|Reports To:||Executive Operations Officer|
|Desired Education Level:||Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.|
The focus of this job is making connections with people, motivating and inspiring them to achieve results. Poise and an engaging, empathetic communication style based on natural warmth and enthusiasm is the key to achieving the goals of this job. The work involves driving toward results by enrolling the commitment and buy-in of others. While the job requires strong initiative and self-direction, results are only achieved with and through people. A sincere appreciation for people and how they are each uniquely motivated is the foundation for designing and implementing interactive communication and decision-making processes. Knowledge and skill in how to successfully influence and persuade others by understanding how their individual needs and motivations link to goals is essential. The job requires a high degree of “selling”, whether of ideas and policies within the organization, or products or services in the marketplace. The job environment is fast paced and results oriented. While there is urgency to goal achievement, responsibility for the achievement of results needs to be shared and effectively delegated when necessary. Initiating projects and processes beyond established organization practices will often require training and developing others, and enlisting their support by using a “selling” rather “telling” communication style. A self-confident, extroverted style that can enliven, engage and positively impact individuals and groups is essential. The job has variety of tasks and is dynamic and changing. Because goals and desired results can quickly change, the job requires regularly meeting and pro-actively establishing relationships with new groups. The ability to understand, quickly react and motivate others to adapt to the changing organization environment is a critical key to success. In general, the core of this position requires a motivated and motivating team builder and organization developer.
The employee must be able to perform these essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation by IntegraCare Corporation without posing a direct threat to self or others.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude, demonstrates impeccable ethics and integrity.
- Ensures the Wellness department operates in accordance with all ICC policies and procedures, federal, state and local regulations.
- Assures all Wellness team members demonstrate knowledge of Resident Rights, Life Stories Principles and Senior/Assisted Living care giver roles.
- Participates in the interviewing and selection of Residents for admission.
- Assures that all requires documentation is completed prior to admission by all disciplines, following admission to the community will secure documentation in a timely manner utilizing requires forms and media (hard copy or electronic record).
- Integrates and coordinates care with other disciplines, including physicians, community agencies and programs.
- Reviews and addresses all Resident, family or team member concerns in a timely manner.
- Participates and drives the recruitment, hiring and retention of qualifies Wellness team members.
- Utilizes in-service education and the performance review process to foster growth and development of team members.
- Reviews staffing plan in conjunction with current level of care demands to assure adequate staffing levels are maintained.
- Assures daily staffing needs are met and makes appropriate modifications as needed in a time sensitive manner.
- Serves as Train the Trainer on OSHA Fit Testing for community.
- Participates in the payroll process.
- Develops, implements and maintains an effective department orientation program.
- Assists with the marketing of the residence as needed, providing tours to include an explanation of the admission procedure.
- Assumes leadership role in the absence of the Executive Operations Officer, acting as his/her designee.
- Participates in the manager-on-duty program, to encompass working as a direct care worker when the needs of the community require such.
- Participates in General Orientation and annual training programming for all team members.
- Provides direction, oversight and mentoring with a focus upon Wellness team members.
- Assures Resident safety.
- Maintains current licensure, associated certifications, credentials and annual continuing educations requirements.
- Serves as the director for the Infection Control Program of the community and participates in the development of infection prevention policies and procedures and ensures compliance with applicable guidelines and regulations.
- Participates in the annual review, on-going monitoring, implementation and serves as point of contact for the Infection Control program.
- Must be adaptable, teachable and flexible in tasks and have exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to mentor and coach other residence team members.
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
- Responds to Residents' needs.
- CPR mask or ambu bag
- Emergency oxygen equipment
- Medication equipment (i.e., syringes, vials, etc.)
- Computer and MOVE N software
- Nurse Call System
- Wander Management System
- Various Lifting and Transfer Equipment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice, state and local regulations, and of common safety standards and precautions are required. The ability to effectively manage and direct the resident care department. Knowledge of medical records documentation and the ability to handle emergency situations calmly and competently are required. The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all residence personnel is essential. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is required. The ability to communicate in a mode or manner understood by the resident is required. The ability to exercise good judgment and make confident ethical decisions is essential. Must be able to effectively manage time in order to complete multiple projects/tasks. Must possess computer skills. May require frequent lifting, bending, stretching, and standing for long periods of time.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Five or more years experience in the long-term care industry required with supervisory experience.
Current LPN or RN license, in good standing, in the state employed is required. CPR certification required. Current driver's license in state employed is preferred.