Safety and Maintenance Engineer
The Pines of Mount Lebanon
|Departmental Accountabilities:||Maintenance, Safety, Hospitality|
|Reports To:||Executive Operations Officer|
|Desired Education Level:||High school graduate or GED.|
Supervises and directs safety, maintenance, and hospitality functions to maintain the grounds, community and equipment in a safe, clean and efficient manner. Ensures these departments operate according to ICC policies, procedures and standards, and that all Resident and team member safety, maintenance and hospitality needs are met. Performs maintenance and repair of community, maintaining physical appearance of the grounds and building as well as ensuring that the building is physically sound and safe.
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude, and demonstrates impeccable ethics and integrity.
2. Performs routine maintenance of the community property and grounds.
3. Performs routine maintenance and repair on the community equipment.
4. Ensures the safety, maintenance, and hospitality departments operate in accordance with all ICC policies and procedures.
5. Ensures the community grounds and building are maintained in good repair, and are safe and clean, this is to include snow removal during inclement weather.
6. Ensures that vacant apartments are made marketable in a timely manner.
7. Orders and maintains proper inventory levels of the safety, maintenance, and hospitality supplies.
8. Negotiates and manages outside bids for contracts pertaining to maintenance, housekeeping and laundry.
9. Directs all outside vendors working in and around building and grounds, including landscaping, building renovations, HVAC repairs and inspections, elevator repairs and inspections, etc.
10. Supervises and directs the repair, painting, wallpapering and cleaning of all Resident rooms, common areas, offices, hallways, bathrooms, including carpets, furniture, plumbing, commercial kitchen and heating and cooling equipment, etc.
11. Manages and maintains records of all inspections including elevators, sprinkler system, boilers, fire alarms, ansul systems, hood cleaning, right-to-know information, MSDS, utilities and fire extinguishers, in accordance to all HUD, OSHA, DPW, NFDA and County Health codes and inspection regulations.
12. Establishes and enforces preventive maintenance, cleaning and inspection schedules.
13. Plans and manages operational and capital budgets for the safety, maintenance, and hospitality departments.
14. Maintains infection control standards.
15. Interviews and hires the safety, maintenance, and hospitality team members.
16. Manages and evaluates team members, providing performance counseling and additional training as needed.
17. Ensures work area is free of hazardous conditions and ensures safety rules and regulations are followed.
18. Chairs the Safety and Quality Indicators Review Team for the community, to include monthly meetings and minutes.
19. Conducts and/or attends all required in-service trainings and orientations.
20. Ensures all storage areas, workshops, linen closets and housekeeping closets are maintained in a safe and clean manner.
21. Determines adequate staffing needs and develops a work schedule for the safety, maintenance, and hospitality team members and performs weekly timekeeping duties.
22. Maintains contracts binder for the Safety and Maintenance department.
23. Works well and in a professional manner with other community supervisors.
24. Participates in the manager-on-duty program.
25. Conducts and documents fire drills in accordance to industry standards.
26. Coordinates and assists with the moving of residents in and out of the community and within the community.
27. Must be adaptable, teachable and flexible in tasks and have exceptional time management and organizational skills.
28. Must be a team player and have the ability to mentor and coach other residence team members.
29. Self-motivated, proactive and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
30. Remains on call to the community during off work hours.
31. Responds to Residents' requests promptly.
32. Respects Residents’ rights, privacy and dignity.
1. Community vehicle
2. Lawn mower and other yard equipment
3. Assorted hand and power tools
4. Snow Removal Equipment
5. Commercial Floor Care Equipment
7. Other power/hand tools and material as needed
A. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of maintenance, housekeeping and laundry functions and techniques, OSHA standards and state and local fire code and other safety regulations are required. The ability to develop and manage budgets, purchase cost-effectively, and work with outside vendors and contracts is essential. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is essential. The ability to exercise good judgment and make confident ethical decisions is essential. Basic computer skills required to maintain company emails and community spend down files. Must be able to effectively manage time in order to complete multiple tasks, ability to prioritize daily tasks is key. Requires frequent heavy lifting, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and stretching. Requires moving of heavy furniture, equipment and boxes.
High school graduate or GED.
Four or more years of maintenance experience in a hands-on and supervisory capacity required, preferably in the health care industry. Housekeeping experience and knowledge of commercial cleaning procedure is preferred.
HVAC certificate preferred. Valid driver's license in the state employed is required, with no more than two moving violations in a three year period on the driving record as determined by our insurance broker.
Note: Minimum age of 18 is required for this position.
E. Job Characteristics
The focus of this job centers around producing timely results that are high quality and accurate. Benefiting from an analytical, inquiring and critical mind, this job requires imagination and strong problem solving skills, but with a strong technical orientation. The job requires an ability to deal with abstract concepts, systems and ideas and all of that in an organized and self-disciplined way. It also requires that serious consideration be given to all possibly related facts and potential problems. This job demands deep knowledge and expertise and to do it successfully depends on understanding detailed information. Intellectual confidence is important in this job and to do it well requires close, hands-on involvement, careful follow-up and very disciplined, and limited, delegation. This job is technically demanding and ‘strictly business’, with little need for influential ‘people interactions’. Central to this job is the need to weigh all decisions carefully and thoroughly, based on expertise in order to avoid unpredictable risk. Getting the job done and getting it done right are the two, equal, drivers for this job, and that may create conflict.
Help us learn more about your personal and motivating factors by following the link below to take the Predictive Index Assessment: